• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello from Australia.

Maathematics

Hi, I am Matthew. I have just turned 29years old. I was recently forced to resign from my work for behaviour I believed was normal but in reality was quite weird and insulting. My father was diagnosed Asperger?s and I personally have always been viewed as ?not quite right?, a ?dreamer?, and a ?space cadet?. Since leaving my job I have been searching for reasons for why things went the way they did. I allowed myself to seriously entertain that I may well be an Aspie? with the help of my nice psychologist: I understand now that I am! I'm not a monster (which is what I originally believed I was).

In the past, I have been a typical example of the Loner Aspie. This year I tried to extrovert myself: big mistake! However, I have grown from the horrible experience and now better fit the Outcast Aspie type. Next I will refine my interpersonal skills and become a shining example of the Actor Aspie type. If I cannot be normal, come hell or high water I will learn to fake it!

It has been about seven years since I have made a friend (even online? I just don?t get this whole social networking thing). I thought I had made friends during that time, but it turns out they were just humouring me for their own personal gain... ah well.

If I cannot be normal, come hell or high water I will learn to fake it!

Seriously, it CAN be done....otherwise I would have no plausible explanation for why I have lasted this long in a world dominated by Neurotypicals. ;)

Gooday and welcome to AC.

Hello, Matthew!

I understand wanting to "act normal," but don't lose sight of yourself in the process. Find people who will respect and love you for who you are, and not for what you "should" be.

I have lived by this rule my entire life, and it has served me well, even before I discovered my autism.

Thank you for the welcome Judge and Ereth!

I honestly don't know who I am anymore (other than apparently opinionated, irritable, blunt, and inappropriate), so I really am yet to find a better way to be.

New Threads

Top Bottom