• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello Everyone :)

rollerskate

ร๏гค ɭย๓เภค
V.I.P Member
I just wanted to drop in and give some updates since I don't get to get on here very much any more.

I am LOVING my new job. The company I work for is amazing. They're really accepting of all kinds of "types" and it's actually ok to be human there. The work environment is kept very fun and laid back with lots of perks (the most impressive being free beer on tap though I don't drink). The coolest thing of all is that my office has a ladder going straight to the roof! Because of that I call it the Bat Cave, lol. I really love being able to go up there any time I start to feel stressed over my work or being in such close proximity to a lot of people.

My six year old unfortunately is not faring any better in school. He's failing a second year. But I don't think it's his fault but the school's. They refuse to meet him halfway, demanding he meet their standards like any other "normal" kid. He's trying really hard but it's falling short. He recently got suspended for accidentally spitting on another student while he was talking even though the school knows he has speech problems just because the other student said he did it on purpose! Then when he tried to tell them it was accidental they told him he was lying...

The baby just turned 6 months old. Got two teeth and is rolling, scooting, sitting up, and grabbing everything in sight to put in his mouth. Today he started kissing me back for the first time. <3

I actually believe it or not have a new boyfriend... I think he may be the one. Honestly if I didn't I wouldn't have even bothered to get involved. Really quiet and logical guy with a heart of gold. I don't know how he finds the patience to deal with me sometimes but somehow he does and does so perfectly. No matter how skeptical and doubtful I am I can't find any flaws big enough to be of concern with him. Did I actually manage to finally get a good guy? O_O

I have to admit as of recent I've kind of been giving up on the aspie label in general. I don't really see any good coming of it. Of course I still come here and love you all, but in my day to day life I don't allow it to be a factor any more. I just see it as I'm me, and like everyone else I have my quirks, and the good people understand and tolerate that, the bad people don't, end of story. I've also recently been discovering that there's way more to ADHD than I previously thought that contributes to both my and my son's behavior... it doesn't factor out all the aspie stuff but it does factor out a good chunk... or magnifies it... I'm not really sure, but then again, it's not so important to me any more...

I'm starting to draw up this idea of the basic rights everyone should have whether they're aspie or whatever or not. And if everyone has these basic things, then there's really no need for any of these behavioral diagnoses. I think the whole behavioral disorder spectrum may very well just be a symptom of a restrictive, narrow minded society that demands everyone fit a specific stereotype to get anywhere in it...

Anyhow, I hope everyone here is doing great, and if you're not, I hope things start looking up for you very soon! I really miss spending time here. I know you all "get it" even when no one else in my life does! <3

A very profound thought there and I share the belief of acceptance. If I ask myself however why I come here, it is for understanding. The people here "Get Me". We share something rare that is a huge part of our lives. They are my friends where friends come neither often nor easy. I enjoy keeping up with them and sharing in conversation that is uniquely comfortable to us.
I am glad to hear that you are doing well. It is a great thing when our needs are being met and we are happy.
You get a smile and a hug from me and I wish you the best things.

Sounds great all around! Except for the oldest kid, I hope the poor guy gets better teachers. I'm also of the mind that our labels shouldn't matter, it's our individual strengths and weakness that really matter.

New Threads

Top Bottom