• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello Everyone

Hello, I live in Colorado. I have Aspergers, mental health professionals have said I am, while because I am able to make occasional eye-contact or shake hands, no doctor has given me an official diagnosis. I find this frustrating, especially because of the large amounts of behavioral quirks. I struggle with making friends and having positive relationships. I get confused by many things I observe in social areas. Further adding to my confusion is a background of being abused, which can make "normal" circumstances seem confusing also. I want to get to know people who feel the same way. I have a best friend now, but he encourages me to learn things still.

upload_2020-2-20_13-45-38.png

Hi and welcome. And why can't these doctors figure out that eye contact and shaking hands is not the only way to make a diagnosis. I was taught at a young age during speech lessons to make eye contact by being instructed and getting good at having staring contests with my brother. Not I make eye contact so good a lot of people tell me to stop staring. lol

I have that same problem, haha. I never was in speech, but they had me practice. I got in trouble for staring a lot though, still do. It's nice to know I'm not the only one :)

Welcome! I’m from a decidedly less mountainous area (the Netherlands) but I’m very much aware of how other circumstances and diseases can make life more confusing. I have Aspergers, but I also have bipolar disorder, anxiety disorder and I’m an abuse victim. Hit me up if you need a private chat. If not, I’m still equally happy to have you join these forums. :)

Hiya RockyMountainAidan! Lots of very friendly people around here to chat with or help you out with things! Welcome! :D

I can't change flat tires or vacuum your place but l always try to be supportive! Welcome!

Hello, I live in Colorado. I have Aspergers, mental health professionals have said I am, while because I am able to make occasional eye-contact or shake hands, no doctor has given me an official diagnosis. I find this frustrating, especially because of the large amounts of behavioral quirks. I struggle with making friends and having positive relationships. I get confused by many things I observe in social areas. Further adding to my confusion is a background of being abused, which can make "normal" circumstances seem confusing also. I want to get to know people who feel the same way. I have a best friend now, but he encourages me to learn things still.

hello,welcome to the forums.

New Threads

Top Bottom