• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello, can i give you a hug? A 'hi' is fine too!

Phoomph

Hey (introductions are hard:sweat:), I am from the Netherlands and have been diagnosed with Asperger some 7 years ago, when i was 15 or something. This forum seemed like a nice place to talk about autism and the problems it brings along, so I wanted to see if I could find a place talking here. Probably because lately I've been feeling increasingly disconnected from the people around me. I still really like physical feelings though, like hugs... so, I just wanted to give you one if I can... :blush:

I'm studying physics at the university nearby and I live with my parents, but it doesn't always go very well. Insomnia and depression are keeping me from experiencing positive feelings and are always tiring. I feel like I have so little (mental) energy compared to other people... physical exercise I can do just fine but when I've had a day of working on anything that requires mental exercise I get headaches and feel dizzy and tired and whatnot. Also staring at a tree or something with a lot of different individual moments (the leaves) makes me really tired.
Hobbies are music, reading, physics, film, gaming and sports... I also like giving attention to other people since I feel like everyone is worth it...
ehm anyway, I just want to talk a bit and see if others are experiencing the same kinds of problems, maybe get some practical tips or maybe give some myself.

Welcome :)

*internet hug*

I'm sure you'll meet many like-minded people here. We've got a few members from the Netherlands here; I'm sure you'll meet them soon enough. You'll find we're quite friendly, and helpful, here, so I hope you feel right at home.

I can feel quite burnt out too, after focusing on my work for too long, though perhaps your mind works much harder than mine does if you're doing something as advanced as physics!

Feel free to browse through our resources section too. Members are welcome to add to this: Autism & Asperger's Resources | AspiesCentral.com

Hi, a hug is available if desired.

Goede morgen Phoomph. U bent hier van harte welkom.

Welcome :)

*internet hug*

I'm sure you'll meet many like-minded people here. We've got a few members from the Netherlands here; I'm sure you'll meet them soon enough. You'll find we're quite friendly, and helpful, here, so I hope you feel right at home.

I can feel quite burnt out too, after focusing on my work for too long, though perhaps your mind works much harder than mine does if you're doing something as advanced as physics!

Feel free to browse through our resources section too. Members are welcome to add to this: Autism & Asperger's Resources | AspiesCentral.com

Do you get tired from social things really fast too?

Hi, a hug is available if desired.

Goede morgen Phoomph. U bent hier van harte welkom.

Thank you!
Hug

Welcome to the great place! :)

Thanks

Hi. ⛄️ this snowman sorta looks like it's hugging you. :)

It does? I can't see it :<
Maybe I should add some more emoticon packs to my computer.

Do you get tired from social things really fast too?
No, though I'm fairly extroverted. I'm a little bit odd that way, haha :p

Many of our other members can relate to that though, don't you worry.

Welkom Poomph!

Leuk dat je gejoint bent.
Ik herken een heleboel dingen die je zegt. Ik heb vandaag bijvoorbeeld maar 3 uurtjes school gehad en toch ben ik dood moe.
Welke uni studeer je?
En welke games speel je?

Oh en tuurlijk mag je een knuffel :)

And for the people who don't understand English, here is the translation:

Nice you joined.
I recognize a lot of things you say. For example today. Today I only had 3 hours of school and still I'm dead tired.
At what university are you studying?
And what games do you play?

Oh and of course can get a hug :)

Welkom Poomph!

Leuk dat je gejoint bent.
Ik herken een heleboel dingen die je zegt. Ik heb vandaag bijvoorbeeld maar 3 uurtjes school gehad en toch ben ik dood moe.
Welke uni studeer je?
En welke games speel je?

Oh en tuurlijk mag je een knuffel :)

And for the people who don't understand English, here is the translation:

Nice you joined.
I recognize a lot of things you say. For example today. Today I only had 3 hours of school and still I'm dead tired.
At what university are you studying?
And what games do you play?

Oh and of course can get a hug :)

Thanks, I hope you don't get depressed by your tiredness though.
I study in Leiden. The subjects are really interesting, but with the amount of pressure they put on the students... I don't like the way they almost make it some sort of competition, it often doesn't feel like you're trying to learn something together, but more like they throw you in the water and you better learn how to swim...

Oh, I play Dota 2 with friends and test indie games for some game developers I know.
I've played a ton of games though... I like the escapism factor a lot.

Hope you find some energy!

I notice lately we be having a great amount of people joining our site so you should be able to find lots of great people here.

Welcome aboard! Don't know how I missed this thread earlier. Nice to have you here, hug.

Feel free to check out the How Do You Feel Today thread.
It's where the most faithful long-term members seem to hang out, and it'll be a good place to find future hugs. :)
Another hug here.

Welkom, Phoomph.

I love your screen name. Glad to have you with us.

I understand your troubles at university. That was a difficult time for me, too. I exercised daily, but still, I found that the demands of my studies and the university environment left me quite tired at the end of the day. I had headaches and dizziness, too, like you. Physics can be a hard course, and yes, very competitive. At least now you will have us for support. I think you will see that we care very much about each other here.

Leiden is a wonderful city. I am from England, but if I were to move anywhere in Europe, Leiden would be high on my list!

Welcome! I am sorry that you are tired. The very tired feeling itself would create feelings of depression for me..... Just my personal experience..... I thought I would share. I love exercise! It seems to help everything!

Welcome! I'm glad you're here too. I agree with everyone, everyone is very friendly here. And welcoming. I love hugs too! Only if I think the other person is being genuine. I think you are! Hug back. :hatchedchick:But don't hug this. :cactus: :)

Welkom, Phoomph.

I love your screen name. Glad to have you with us.

I understand your troubles at university. That was a difficult time for me, too. I exercised daily, but still, I found that the demands of my studies and the university environment left me quite tired at the end of the day. I had headaches and dizziness, too, like you. Physics can be a hard course, and yes, very competitive. At least now you will have us for support. I think you will see that we care very much about each other here.

Leiden is a wonderful city. I am from England, but if I were to move anywhere in Europe, Leiden would be high on my list!

Thank you

Did you study in like vey big halls too with lots of people? I really don't like that, I just have to escape and go outside for a bit.

Do you like it in England?

Welcome! I am sorry that you are tired. The very tired feeling itself would create feelings of depression for me..... Just my personal experience..... I thought I would share. I love exercise! It seems to help everything!

Thanks
It does but it's hard to find the time for it :<
Do you like exercising alone or with other people?

Welcome! I'm glad you're here too. I agree with everyone, everyone is very friendly here. And welcoming. I love hugs too! Only if I think the other person is being genuine. I think you are! Hug back. :hatchedchick:But don't hug this. :cactus: :)

Thank you, I won't hug a cactus, don't worry.

All of you seem very friendly :blush:

New Threads

Top Bottom