• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello, Autistic Mum... not an Autism Mom

MielCelevon

Hi.
I am a Diagnosed ND Autistic and a Mother to a 3yo.
My Husband was also Diagnosed the same... that's how we met.

We are currently applying for NDIS in South Australia through KUDOS for my daughter... Speech Therapy is expensive. Anyone doing similar?

She's not Diagnosed yet... I am told both that the wait list is 2-3 years long, most Doctors refuse to diagnose under the age of 5 and that Early Intervention from 18-26months is ideal.

Is that math wrong? Because it's not adding up for me.

Hi and welcome to the forums, I'm also a South Aussie. I'm not a parent though so I can't really give you any advice, but there are quite a few parents on these forums and I hope they can help you.

Hello and welcome.

I am told both that the wait list is 2-3 years long, most Doctors refuse to diagnose under the age of 5 and that Early Intervention from 18-26months is ideal.

That sounds infuriating.

Is early intervention only available with an ASD diagnosis? Are there other criteria she would fit to get EI services?

welcome to af.png

New Threads

Top Bottom