• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello and new to forum

Heissonear

I have read several threads and have enjoyed the many comments. And look forward to post a few to join in discussions.

About me: I apparently have had Aspergers all my life. Some of the traits have been major, some of the traits minor, and I lack certain traits like clumsiness.

I have had very few friends in life, though it has not been an issue because I favor quality over quantity. The friendships have been deep and valuable.

I am on the quiet side, beyond doubt. My mom has said I did not speak a work till I was three. She was a bit worried but once I started to talk she saw not problem with my speech, learning works or ability to communicate.

I have always been mature for my age and like older people than people my age, particularly when I was younger. My mother allowed me to have knifes, go places alone, ride a motorcycle on the street, and the like because she viewed me responsible and mature and and careful. This irritated my two older brothers!

It was not easy to go to public school and particularly difficult to get a college degree. But I was the type with patience and perseverance and got a Bachelors in Geology.

I also "made money" since I was 8 years old. My first job was cutting the edge of grass along sidewalks in the neighborhood for small fee. Had paper routes. door to door sales, and in high school worked 3 years at a truck stop. I was a dependable worker. Since college I have worked 18 years for one major oilfield company and 14 years+ for another, my current employer.

I've been married for 29 years and have two mature children. My relationship with my wife has been an issue for me, the most difficult problem, but have been corrective to change and improvement.

I've been one of those Aspies who has milder traits in all. And did not know why I did things a certain way until my wife read about Aspergers and said for me to check into it. On online test I score high but in life I can perform and endure. A major reason to me has been my relationship I have with God. I became a Christian after 4 years of Geology, and it was dynamic in the way Jesus revealed Himself to me. And grace and wisdom with spiritual maturity from Him has made the difference. Otherwise I do not think I would have finished college, held down stable jobs or remain married for over 5 to 10 years. So I think grace from the God who is always with us , the God who is near (Jeremiah 23:23,24) is needed by all, even and particularly Aspies.

May I have have some fruitful discussions with others on this forum.

I know this is late, but hi Heissonear! Welcome to Aspies Central. I hope you're enjoying all this wonderful forum has to offer.

Hello and welcome,
It sounds as though we have a lot in common. I love conversation (odd for an aspie), so I look forward to future discussions.

New Threads

Top Bottom