• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Healthier diet leading to worse health?

I have switched to a low-sodium diet since salt is one of my preferred dietary vices and since my mother had a stroke due to her living salt too much in the last few years. I also changed my diet to avoid gout flare ups, but it happened anyway.

@Au Naturel Yeah, Keto is too strict. Paleo allows for more nutritional balance. You shouldn't cut out vegetables. They're still low glycemic, and most are virtually all water weight, no calories to them.

Yeah. The keto diet causes you to lose weight by forcing you to eat almost entirely fat. Little protein and almost no carbs. This upsets your body's normal metabolism in order to lose weight. Fruit and fleshy vegetables are almost entirely carbs, so you've lost those vitamins. It takes weeks to months to fully kick in. Not a good choice IMHO.
Plus you get even more serious health issues if you eat a tiny bit of carbs. I unintentionally did a form of Keto where I ate a lot of meat and very few carbs and I ended up losing my balance a lot and literally half my body going completely numb but I still had control and no slurring when I spoke and an MRI ruled out me having any strokes. I was then told to take this high dosage of vitamin D once a month for three or four months and I started to eat carbs again and everything went back to normal.

I have a doctor’s note which will allow me to work from home for the time being. This sucks because I was looking forward to going to the farmer’s market this weekend.

Well I totally f-d up my attempt at paleo/low carb. That lasted about 2-3 days. I had pizza, chocolate, coffee. (Only saving grace is.. With pizza...I barely touch most of the bread.)

I think I read somewhere recently, Keto (strict) is the hardest to follow. That and raw uncooked vegetable diet.

I mostly avoid eating too much salt on a daily basis by never adding extra to any food that has been cooked unless it is extremely bland which means you’ve messed up big time. I generally avoid consuming salty foods on a regular basis. Every now and then I might devour an entire bag of chips in one sitting but that is very rare.

I feel you my guy. I cut my calories down to 800 a day, sounds crazy but that’s how I managed to lose weights, again like I said, it’s not good. Besides creating physical health problems, it also creates mental health problems. Don’t overdo it, thats my advice

I believe in eating everything in moderation. I might eat a lot sometimes in one meal but I have some sort of vegetable in it. I don’t eat a lot of junk food on a regular basis.

New Threads

Top Bottom