• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Has someone ever picked on you

Krull88

And the authority figure didn't say anything until you stood up for yourself? And then it was like they were scolding YOU because you spoke last? While the instigator is secretly delighted?

What would happen if you said nothing? What would that say about the authority figure?

Yes to everything except the last questions in the separate paragraph. Are they rhetorical? If not, I don't quite understand them. If you said nothing, it would continue, right? The following question, I don't know. It means they suck?

Frequently, including on most forums.

The thing is I got trolled on a regular basis, and would always report said troll, but because he/she/it had a high, possibly hacked, post count, the Mods always sided with them against me and it was usually me that got banned.

And the authority figure didn't say anything until you stood up for yourself? And then it was like they were scolding YOU because you spoke last? While the instigator is secretly delighted?

What would happen if you said nothing? What would that say about the authority figure?

Impossible to answer, too many variables.
I’ll try anyway :)

Our sense of right and wrong, justice may differ from the authority figure you mentioned.

We may get frustrated as that ‘bully’ just got away with their actions,

Seeing no justice being served,(can’t count on authority figure to enforce the rules)
We may deliver some of our own.

Might make us feel better but drags us down to the same level as bully.
We’re acting just like they are.
(Does that mean we are a bully too?)

Keep on reporting the behaviour of this other person, officially if you have to.
(Check procedure in institutional policies)

Something like this happen to me at camp as a child. Several young men with bathing towels were snapping the other children. The towels were slightly wet and they were using them as whips . It hurt . When they started hitting me I freaked out and started cursing. I almost got expelled from the camp. The lesson that I learned at that age was there are special people who can get away with doing things to other people and because they are rich or good-looking there will be no consequences. In a way it was a defining point in my life. Sure lost a lot of respect for that Pastor. Never looked at church the same until I was 21 years old.

I used to have that problem quite a bit while I was in school. When I was in eighth grade this boy used to make fun of me everyday. I tried to ignore him but some days he would get to me. Every time I would fuss at him my teacher would cover him and act as if he had not done anything wrong. Then I would be in trouble for standing up for myself. One day the boy was bothering me in class and I hollered at him to stop. The teacher accused me of bullying him and took me to the principal's office. She did nothing to the other guy even though she saw him bothering me. If it wasn't one thing it was another with those two.

The authority figures in my life were my parents. For some odd reason, I was gifted with the physical abilities to "defend" myself against bullies. But it seemed like, when I was growing up, that I was "always" at fault in any situation. This left me extremely confused as a child and I became distant with my parents later on as an adult.

I was bullied constantly throughout my school life for being deaf and otherwise disabled, here in Sheffield, England there's a local Radio Station called Hallam FM, and I was called "Radio Allen" because when I was about 9 I was forced to wear 2 hearing aids!

Annoyingly, the Audiology Dept up at the Hospital have been trying to persuade me to go back to wearing 2 for years and I keep saying no, because the experience 30 odd years ago put me off for life.

This was my life in elementary school. By high school, I learned not to even bother asking the 'adults' for any sort of real help.
Sigh.

Annoyingly, the Audiology Dept up at the Hospital have been trying to persuade me to go back to wearing 2 for years and I keep saying no, because the experience 30 odd years ago put me off for life.

Greetings Mr. Allen - please forgive me for bringing this up (possibly an annoyance) but after thirty years don't you think you may be able to put these bad experiences behind you? Besides, none of the "people" that bullied you are in you life now! You must think about yourself and if having a hearing aid in both ears would improve your life than maybe you should reconsider.

New Threads

Top Bottom