• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Happy Valentines.....

kg4fxg

Happy Valentines...

So what did everyone do? Anything? Ooops, I forgot we Aspie's don't celebrate it - right? Romance? What's that....
OK, I enjoyed a nice evening at home. My six year old daughter is so excited about Valentines she thinks it is so special I should have the day off from work. So seeing her excited was worth it. Nothing more or nothing less. Several glasses of wine and enjoying a new album from iTunes by Xue Fei Yang on Classical Guitar.

Bill

Don't care for Valenine's day much. I'm quite sure my husband thinks I care for it more than I actually do :) kids don't care much for it either. My older son (who is sick and off school) wanted to bring cards to his classmates and the teacher purely because it's the Rule :) so we did. I mean if my family decided To have a tradition to have some sort of celebration on this day it probably would be nice, but we don't really. Maybe one day when we have more money we'll come up with something. Plus I always feel a little guilty that I can't really give some nice present to my husband. Chocolates and flowers won't do for men, will they ? :) and anything that he really wants is too expensive so what's he point, my older son did want to give his daddy a card so we did :) I got way more than that though, which kinda makes me feel depressed a little... But whatever ... Wa wa blah blah it's all good :)

Last edited:
I've never celebrated Valentines' Day before. I feel like it's one of those holidays like Black Friday where they try to get you to buy stuff - in this case, flowers and chocolates... So it was just a normal Tuesday (workday) for me.

Disclosure: I am single...if that matters...

I like to circumvent the cards, make my own if possible rather than spend $$$ and promote Hallmark. It is a racket. No presents. Besides, in reality I hate change. It just upsets the normal flow of the week as if there is not enough already to upset the week - really!
Don't mean to sound like a scrooge. I got lucky, my wife is allergic to flowers, strike one.

Black Friday? If I need something I will order on line. Did all my Christmas shopping that way, I did not miss the crowds as I really hate them. And it was cheaper - really.

Bill

Black Friday? If I need something I will order on line. Did all my Christmas shopping that way, I did not miss the crowds as I really hate them. And it was cheaper - really.

I did Christmas shopping online too. I think Black Friday is becoming an online thing. I can't imagine many would want to line up at the store at 5 AM after Thanksigiving. Personally, I would appreciate 'experiences' (concert tickets, museums, dining...etc..) rather than trivial gifts such as flowers, chocolates, and other consumables.

I don't care much for Valentines Day myself, probably due to me being single. However, this year I went out to a club with 3 friends (also single) for a few drinks and some laughs.

The Ballad Of St.Timmy

February the 14th
Was such a dreaded day
In the life of St. Timmy
Until this masquerade...

All in all, the day went much better than last year, which was a total disaster. Two weeks after being dumped for the first time, I turned to my old friend, the user. She lured me back to her house, deceived me ("She's a moll! I love you more, Tim!") and robbed me. This year, I really lucked out. I dressed up as The Phantom of The Opera and sang for another girl in the middle of my office. I'm admittedly obsessed with the Phantom. Got some rave reviews, as well. And a cookie from my secret admirer... I wasn't used to the star treatment. And certainly not on Valentine's Day... I'm just glad I got something to remember this year because according to Cartman- we all die in 2012!

New Threads

Top Bottom