• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Halloween activities and stories.

J. Ann

Hey, everyone. With Halloween coming up, I thought it would be a fun idea to start a thread where you can share your Halloween experiences or typical events.

I always enjoy dressing up in Halloween themed clothing each year, even though I don't go trick-or-treating anymore. My family doesn't live on a road that gets many trick-or-treaters (often times we don't get any at all), but we buy candy just in case we do. When I went trick-or-treating, I would come home with a big bag of candy and eat it while watching Ghost Hunters live. One year, my sister stayed in the car while I went door to door, because she didn't want to walk. I came home with a huge bag of candy and she only had a few pieces. lol

I realize my story is really boring, but perhaps you have some more interesting ones.

Last year I worked at a haunted house, which was really fun with me dressed up as a manic with a butcher knife until people started getting mad because we were scaring their kids and stuff. What's the point of bringing them to a haunted house if you don't want them scared?

Halloween, wearing a costume, going to parties & trick or treating was so much fun!!!!

Attachments

• 1489334207_e01bbf3895_o.jpg
    1489334207_e01bbf3895_o.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 55
  • munsters.jpg
    munsters.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 530567_461576160555180_171850834_n.jpg
    530567_461576160555180_171850834_n.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 60
  • spider_on_a_web_orange.png
    spider_on_a_web_orange.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 65
Last year I worked at a haunted house, which was really fun with me dressed up as a manic with a butcher knife until people started getting mad because we were scaring their kids and stuff. What's the point of bringing them to a haunted house if you don't want them scared?

Sounds awesome. Too bad some parents are such whinge-bags.
Mind you, with the so called 'PC state' we all seem to be living in I'm not surprised. Teenagers (in my opinion) really seem to suffer at Halloween if they choose to go out for some free candy - especially if they're not old enough yet to buy/drink alcohol.
True that some don't make an effort and just go out in jeans and a hoody (which can be scary all year round for some people) and so are turned away when they ask for candy. However, when teens really do make an effort and are still turned away or even lectured by others (including the police from what I've seen) for been 'too old' to trick or treat, it's a real downer.
Since when did Halloween become a 'kids only' holiday?

In terms of what I get up to, I stay at home normally with the lights turned off and watching something scary like Shaun of the Dead, Jeepers Creepers or Freddy vs. Jason. However, sometimes I'll watch something a bit more kid-friendly like Hocus Pocus, Disney's The Headless Horseman or The Nightmare Before Christmas.

New Threads

Top Bottom