• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Good News

DaisyRose

V.I.P Member
I don’t usually post twice a day, but I feel happy about what I did today. I know I told some people in my comments and posts that I’ve been struggling to find employment since graduating. I decided it was best to try and volunteer, so I can try and get back out into the world. I put in an application to volunteer at a library that is close by to where I live. I was very nervous because I never did something like that before.

I always tend to think of the worst situation possible when I’m out of my comfort zone. Even though I was anxious, I wasn’t going to let my anxiety win. She called me and was happy to hear that I wanted to volunteer. She said I could volunteer for their upcoming book sale that’s in the beginning of March. She sounded happy to talk to me about the upcoming book sale, which made me happy.

I felt happy I was able to get something worked out, so I could be more productive. I know everyone can apply and get a volunteer job, but to me it feels special. I’m really proud of myself for committing to my plan even though I was terrified. I still filed the application and took the call to get this opportunity. This has given me some confidence in myself to keep trying and not give up.

Sorry if I’m going on a long rant, but I feel happy and excited so I wanted to share my thoughts about this situation. I hope people can understand where I’m coming from.

Congratulations! Both on applying for the task and getting accepted. Volunteering can be very fulfilling. Just remember to take care of yourself as well and set yourself boundaries when it comes to the amount of work you will be doing. Helping setting up a book sale sounds like it could be great fun.

Congratulations! Both on applying for the task and getting accepted. Volunteering can be very fulfilling. Just remember to take care of yourself as well and set yourself boundaries when it comes to the amount of work you will be doing. Helping setting up a book sale sounds like it could be great fun.
Thank you so much for the support, I appreciate it. I think this opportunity will be great for me. I love to organize and keep things clean. I’m excited to try something new and to help people at the same time. I agree it will be very fulfilling me to try. I will work on taking it easy and not to overwork myself. It will be a great balance for me.

This is amazing news! We all share so much of our struggle here on the forum and it is really lovely to hear someone who has taken courageous steps that have led to feeling proud and optimistic. Well done in confronting your anxieties, pushing through them, and setting up some thing that you are excited about.

Please keep us posted on how it goes!

This is amazing news! We all share so much of our struggle here on the forum and it is really lovely to hear someone who has taken courageous steps that have led to feeling proud and optimistic. Well done in confronting your anxieties, pushing through them, and setting up some thing that you are excited about.

Please keep us posted on how it goes!
Thank you so much! I will definitely keep you posted on how it goes. I want to see if I can get other opportunities at the library after the book sale is over. I’m hoping maybe they will see my hard work and commitment I have.

I put in an application to volunteer at a library that is close by to where I live.
Thank you so much for the idea. I've been thinking about volunteer work for myself, I'm on a pension and don't need to work but I do need some sort of formal structure in my life again. I've been wracking my brain wondering what sort of volunteer work I'd be good at, as a kid I spent most of my life in libraries, I'd like that.

Thank you so much for the idea. I've been thinking about volunteer work for myself, I'm on a pension and don't need to work but I do need some sort of formal structure in my life again. I've been wracking my brain wondering what sort of volunteer work I'd be good at, as a kid I spent most of my life in libraries, I'd like that.
That’s great to hear I’m happy I inspired you to volunteer. I need a structure for my life too. I’m tired of my routine at the moment and I need to get out of the house. This will be a great opportunity for me to get out of the house and to gain some experience. I also get to learn new things from this experience too. I hope you can find something similar.

I don’t usually post twice a day, but I feel happy about what I did today. I know I told some people in my comments and posts that I’ve been struggling to find employment since graduating. I decided it was best to try and volunteer, so I can try and get back out into the world. I put in an application to volunteer at a library that is close by to where I live. I was very nervous because I never did something like that before.

I always tend to think of the worst situation possible when I’m out of my comfort zone. Even though I was anxious, I wasn’t going to let my anxiety win. She called me and was happy to hear that I wanted to volunteer. She said I could volunteer for their upcoming book sale that’s in the beginning of March. She sounded happy to talk to me about the upcoming book sale, which made me happy.

I felt happy I was able to get something worked out, so I could be more productive. I know everyone can apply and get a volunteer job, but to me it feels special. I’m really proud of myself for committing to my plan even though I was terrified. I still filed the application and took the call to get this opportunity. This has given me some confidence in myself to keep trying and not give up.

Sorry if I’m going on a long rant, but I feel happy and excited so I wanted to share my thoughts about this situation. I hope people can understand where I’m coming from.
Congratulations bestie! I know how hard it can be to get out of your comfort zone and I am SO happy you got the job. It might seem small for everyone but for us is a big little victory! I wish you the best for when the job starts!

Congratulations bestie! I know how hard it can be to get out of your comfort zone and I am SO happy you got the job. It might seem small for everyone but for us is a big little victory! I wish you the best for when the job starts!
Thank you so much! I can’t wait to get started I’m very excited. I want to be able to do great things for myself in the future.

That's extremely coincedental because my first job is hopefully going to be a librarian too <3 I used to think I could get a job in a *snap* but no. It's taken months of waiting and I'm still waiting (although I believe I shouldn't be waiting this long for my family to get my stuff together for me, I should be doing it myself!), however the wait will be worth it. I'm so happy for you and I hope you have an incredible time with that job sweetie ^^ <3 I will be in the same shoes as you someday, doing my first job experience stuff soon too.

That's extremely coincedental because my first job is hopefully going to be a librarian too <3 I used to think I could get a job in a *snap* but no. It's taken months of waiting and I'm still waiting (although I believe I shouldn't be waiting this long for my family to get my stuff together for me, I should be doing it myself!), however the wait will be worth it. I'm so happy for you and I hope you have an incredible time with that job sweetie ^^ <3 I will be in the same shoes as you someday, doing my first job experience stuff soon too.
That’s cool we will both be working in the same type of environment. I think working at a library would be great because it’s a quiet and peaceful environment. I always loved to go to the library as a kid it was so relaxing. I wish you the best of luck with your librarian job as well. I hope we both can get great work experience out of these opportunities to help with our future careers.

Yay indeed c: Btw, I'm curious. What are your interests? Me too,, that's why I love libraries and I've loved reading since I was small <3 Tysm!! I'm glad we have this in common, it's very comforting ^^ It's funny how I told someone I was gonna be one recently, then they reacted weird cause they thought it was an old ladies job, or it just wasn't fit for a young adult like me ,:D ,:D

Yay indeed c: Btw, I'm curious. What are your interests? Me too,, that's why I love libraries and I've loved reading since I was small <3 Tysm!! I'm glad we have this in common, it's very comforting ^^ It's funny how I told someone I was gonna be one recently, then they reacted weird cause they thought it was an old ladies job, or it just wasn't fit for a young adult like me ,:D
Thanks for asking! I like to do a lot of indoor activities including watching YouTube, painting, drawing, and doing yoga. I’m trying to break the habit of only doing indoor activities, which is why I applied to volunteer. Yoga really helps with my anxiety and back issues. When I’m anxious or stressed my back tenses really badly along with my other muscles.

I am a very organized person that likes to work independently most of the time, but also likes to work with others too. When I put my mind to something, I won’t let anything stand in my way. Even when it comes to anxiety and I have to talk myself down like I did yesterday. Not gonna lie, I consider myself an old lady even though I’m considered a young adult. Working at a library is a perfect fit to what type of person I am. I think in a way I’m an old soul which my mom mentions to me too.

It’s great to talk with you and others about my interests and experiences . Glad we can relate to each other.

Thanks for asking! I like to do a lot of indoor activities including watching YouTube, painting, drawing, and doing yoga. I’m trying to break the habit of only doing indoor activities, which is why I applied to volunteer. Yoga really helps with my anxiety and back issues. When I’m anxious or stressed my back tenses really badly along with my other muscles.

I am a very organized person that likes to work independently most of the time, but also likes to work with others too. When I put my mind to something, I won’t let anything stand in my way. Even when it comes to anxiety and I have to talk myself down like I did yesterday. Not gonna lie, I consider myself an old lady even though I’m considered a young adult. Working at a library is a perfect fit to what type of person I am. I think in a way I’m an old soul which my mom mentions to me too.

It’s great to talk with you and others about my interests and experiences . Glad we can relate to each other.
Me toooo!!! I legit do those exact same activites <3 Playing video games, especially rhythm, exercise and relaxing games, are super fun for me as well ^^ Me too btw! I'm trying to get myself out into the world more as well <3 I'm really glad we have so much in common ^-^ SAME TOO!!! Wow. So I'm either mentally mature or mentally childish at this age. It's awesome <3 I'm an old soul, thank you so much for sharing! Honestly we should probably talk more since we have so much in common it's kind of amazing lol. Today I'm doing crosswords and puzzles in a magazine which makes me feel super refreshed and happy :)

Me toooo!!! I legit do those exact same activites <3 Playing video games, especially rhythm, exercise and relaxing games, are super fun for me as well ^^ Me too btw! I'm trying to get myself out into the world more as well <3 I'm really glad we have so much in common ^-^ SAME TOO!!! Wow. So I'm either mentally mature or mentally childish at this age. It's awesome <3 I'm an old soul, thank you so much for sharing! Honestly we should probably talk more since we have so much in common it's kind of amazing lol. Today I'm doing crosswords and puzzles in a magazine which makes me feel super refreshed and happy :)
That’s great to hear it makes me happy. If you want to have a chat with me feel free to reach out anytime. If I don’t respond I might be busy at the moment, but I will check back later.

New Threads

Top Bottom