• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

"Good morning" texts

Acorn_Elf

Should I send guys I'm romantically interested in daily "good morning" texts, or does it come across as creepy?

I just do it because it seems like a good way to keep in touch and I've been bad at keeping in touch in the past.

Should I send guys I'm romantically interested in daily "good morning" texts, or does it come across as creepy?

I just do it because it seems like a good way to keep in touch and I've been bad at keeping in touch in the past.

Trouble is that it might be well received sometimes and not others, and you cannot know which.

If you don't know, set up a feedback mechanism - ask if it's annoying the other person.

I'm rubbish at staying in touch too. I'm lucky in that my wife continues to live with me and tells me to contact other people sometimes :D

If I was young now I'd probably automate these social details with software:D

What could possibly go wrong?

Damn. I've effed up then :(

Don't feel bad, just keep going.

You're not doing anything wrong. Failure is good, and you should seek it out so you can figure this stuff out.

Don't beat yourself up, failure is just learning happening in real time.

Daily is probably a bit much, but it depends on the person and how much I like them. If I’m crazy about someone I don’t mind daily texts, if I’m “just seeing where things are going” I’m more likely to be turned off or even annoyed by daily morning texts. I think it’s best to ask the guy how he feels about your daily ritual.

That being said, I’ve been with my boyfriend for close to 5 years, but I still text or call him first thing when I wake up (we’re on opposite schedules)

I think that too many, i.e. every day, might come across as spam. Personally, it would really bug me is someone kept sending me such messages, in part because I really don't like small talk or chit chat, and that goes for many NTs too, people can get overwhelmed by too many such messages or such attention. I would never send anyone a message to say 'good morning', I need a very definite purpose and need to send a message.

New Threads

Top Bottom