• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Good-bye everyone, I’m leaving…

No one listens to me!!! My parents don’t care that I’m unemployed, don’t own my own place and may end up dying poor and lonely!

@Greatshield17
That sounds really scary.

Is it possible that your parents do care and that they
have more hope for your future than you seem to
have at the moment?

By which I mean, maybe they appear *unconcerned*
because they believe things will work out for you?

I have a thought maybe they are worried about your dad's operation.

In the grand scheme of things, it's a lot simpler to get ready and have a successful surgical operation, than to move from Canada to Chile into the bush, somehow locate an autistic wife for yourself (in a country where many may have never heard of psychology), and be all set for glory and multitudinous sons while founding some sort of prayer movement or religious community and at the same time writing. All these things are what most people would consider a full time job.

Hardest part of autism acceptance is accepting your own self. I'm speaking from personal experience here.

As for finding an autistic spouse, better to find a loving one. As for "being fruitful and multiplying" remember many autistic women have difficulty with fertility, or, as is often the case, do not like being valued only for the ability to have children. I speak from experience there as many NT Catholic women have got the baby rabies (I don't) and my lovely girlfriend, also autistic, says it was really creepy on Catholic dating sites because of the amount of guys who think Woman is a sort of bipedal broodmare that also does the laundry.

Having a job would at least give you the money to build things up in your life at the present, even maybe retire to Chile someday. Land doesn't go anywhere. The old farm will be there when you're ready.

I would not dare ask my parents to finance a transcontinental relocation for my unemployed self, but that's just me.

I keep saying that being fruitful and multiplying is key to Autism Acceptance but no one listens to me and now I am struggling to fulfill that for myself!
I have done my part...
Family scorecard: ⚤ ♀♂♂♂♂♂♀♂♂⎛♀⎞♂♀♂♂♂

I wish you well in the move and hope you find peace and fulfillment in Chile.
May God bless your coming and you going.

Do drop by when you feel ready to visit us.
I have appreciated your presence here

Okay I’m officially gone now; I have made efforts to improve things and Lord-willing, move forward. I keep getting reminded that so many issues I deal with in the world if I could just marry an Autistic woman and start a family in the world, Lord-willing I will do that one day, I’ll have a job and life that can achieve that.

Good-bye everyone.

New Threads

Top Bottom