• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Going in really deep with your obsessions…

Once tried to get the kids to make a guillotine but we ended up pretending to take King Louis XVI to trial and then “execute them”.=D

You are my new favorite person!

I think one of my special interest is fantastic art. @Owliet, what is your amazing avatar?

I do try to do a lot of crazy activities.
My favorite kind of teacher! Those children will likely remember their “crazy” history lessons better than anything else.

Eivor is awesome. I always miss the references of game art, but love love love it.

I am obsessed with combat sports however I do not care for promoters, the politics of the combat sports (for example, promoter issues causing for the good fights to not happen, or they do but come too late) and I do not like the outrageous robberies which occur.

I have fought as a boxer before at the amateur level and I can tell you that training camps are gruelling and while I may not have undergone a training camp which meets the calibre of professional fighters I can tell you that training camps are incredibly gruelling at times - fighters who are robbed of their victories or disrespected by the fandom always get my praises because unlike the fandom they are in the gym gruelling it out giving it everything they've got.

I am obsessed with combat sports to the degree I watch it every day for hours, I enjoy the science and the battle IQ displayed by fighters - strategy is heavily involved and if you are suffering physical disadvantages (height, reach, weight, power etc.) strategy which is well executed will let you become triumphant.

unfortunately, I cannot compete anymore because my medication has caused my body to become much weaker through reduced bone density, loss of muscle etc. but I enjoy watching it, I feel like I have grown to a level where I am able to analyse the mistakes of fighters well enough that if I were able to compete, I could capitalise on them rather quickly and with veracity.

my other interests include programming, cooking and helping friends but combat sports has been my main interest for a couple of years and it makes my other interests take a back seat. I do not talk about my interest of combat sports much because not many people around me like it and I am happier to listen to people to discuss their interests rather than the other way around.

Geology is such a huge interest. I did the Moh’s hardness test once with a group of students with a various types like diamond (on a 10 scale of hard) with various tools to test it out, and they had a lot of fun.

You’d love the dinosaur museum here in Aathal, there are lots of trilobites in the collection.=D

Yes, it’s one of the most important things about history, people need to understand that it may have happened in the past but it is still relevant for the present and future.
Agreed
I’ll get up the resource.=). It is a PDF.
Great thanks I look forward to reading it
I think I am a bit of a special breed when it comes to the gory bits of history. Its not like I greatly enjoy the suffering, I just find it really interesting…maybe that‘s a bit weird..I dont know.
For sure you are . I do understand, its not weird . It’s really coming to terms with the human connection of the people in the past , good and bad aspects of humans . It’s not weird , it logical and fascinating .
Yes, i do recommend it. I think it really helps to practice communication too. I am still learning, and I do make mistakes. I may be considered as “authentic” too but it is because I dont hide what I say and try to be as honest as possible. I think kids need that more direct approach — they seem to prefer it anyway. Its just colleagues that I find difficult to deal with.=(
That is good , I understand that , as intelligent as I am , I find if people talk to me direct as if I am child it helps me so much more . And less confusing on my end . That is why I like listening to college lectures if I find a professor who is direct and to the point . I can get the information needed and lightning speed . If all the social nuances are there I get lost and lose focus fast. You are teaching the kids not the colleagues. Even though I am sure lots of them need some teaching.

Yes, though I don't necessarily talk about it, unless I find someone else with the same interest. I'm not very talkative and don't share much. I think about it constantly, though.
I had to learn that the hard way. I used to naturally think other people would appreciate the information. Now I don't share it unless there is some evidence they might be interested

New Threads

Top Bottom