• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Gets me out

Aspergers_Aspie

Having the aspergers drop in center gets me out of my home where I live alone. If I had Internet at home, I may spend too much time on gaming, but There's a guy at drop in who keeps slagging off non cafetiere coffee and music artists who are not classics like Beethoven Mozart, Rolling Stones, Beatles Pink floyd, I don't like this, I believe it doesn't matter if who you like is well established by critics. I can go to the library computer use is restricted and other people I would miss sometimes interacting with

@Aspergers_Aspie

It looks like you are considering the positive and negative aspects
of going to the drop in center.

It's something to do so you're not at home alone all the time.
When you're by yourself you play games a lot and that gets lonely
after awhile.

You like socializing with some of the people at the drop in center, but
there is one guy who is not much fun. He has opinions which differ
from yours. He is negative about some things.

You could use the library computer, but they have time limits
on use, and the people you enjoy at the center aren't at the
library.

It seems like going to the drop in center is mostly a positive
experience for you.

Are other people at the drop-in annoyed with his behavior? He sounds unpleasant. You shouldn’t have to avoid going there because of him. Is there a staff member whom you can share your frustrations with? Maybe he or she can have a word with the guy.

@Aspergers_Aspie

It looks like you are considering the positive and negative aspects
of going to the drop in center.

It's something to do so you're not at home alone all the time.
When you're by yourself you play games a lot and that gets lonely
after awhile.

You like socializing with some of the people at the drop in center, but
there is one guy who is not much fun. He has opinions which differ
from yours. He is negative about some things.

You could use the library computer, but they have time limits
on use, and the people you enjoy at the center aren't at the
library.

It seems like going to the drop in center is mostly a positive
experience for you.

Ahhh this makes much more sense.

Are other people at the drop-in annoyed with his behavior? He sounds unpleasant. You shouldn’t have to avoid going there because of him. Is there a staff member whom you can share your frustrations with? Maybe he or she can have a word with the guy.

Yes no need to avoid a drop in centre should one find it useful due to one unpleasant person. Hopefully a support staff or volunteer at the drop in can intervene.

Now I get it - the drop-in center is not an oasis from unpleasantness due to the guy who plays his own selections of music. I still hope that going to the center has its merits.

New Threads

Top Bottom