• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fun brain teasers!

What does man love more than life?
Fear more than death or mortal strife?
What do the poor have, what the rich require,
And what contented men desire?
What does the miser spend, the spendthrift save,
And all men carry to their graves?

What goes around the world but stays in a corner?...

Why do some programmers take Christmas Day for Halloween?

There is no chance I could figure this out.
I asked a coder.
He said oh yeah... that. Can't tell the dates apart.
Different bases.*

So I looked it up.

The decimal number system uses a base of ten, proceeding
from zero to nine, and then increments by adding a digit. So
25 really equals 2x10 + 5.

But, there are other ways of counting things.
Computers often view the world not in decimal, but in eight or Sixteen.
view the world not in decimal, but in eight or Sixteen.
A system with a base of 8 is called Octal, going from 0 to 7 and then adding a digit.
Thus 31 would equal 3x8 + 1.
Octal is often shortened to OCT, and Decimal to DEC. And 3x8
And 3x8 + 1 = 2x10 + 1, or in simpler terms,
OCT 31 = DEC 25.

Q: Why can't programmers tell the difference between Christmas and Halloween? - 2bitsAbyte

I just needed closure on this riddle
or whatever it is called...I guess it's
a riddle.

*and neither is the base that are belong to us.

A good majority of us here are Autistic, have Aspergers or a combination of both. That being said when we're on medications such as Ritalin or Adderall we find ourselves wanting to stimulate our minds quite a bit.

Here I am to satisfy that hunger with some original riddles I took the time to think up. But these aren't just any riddles...these puzzles will make Batman's most annoying villain look like a kid taking a multiple choice quiz.

These riddles will follow different themes.

Casual themed:

#1:

I am all over your home, and you can see me everywhere.
There is no way to look away from me, because every time you turn around, I'm still there.
Some people will give me different colors, others will suffocate me in sheets of paper.
I'm always standing upright, and sometimes there is a mirror hanging on me.
What am I?

#2: Feed me, and I will grow in size. Give me something to drink and I will die.

#3: You take me with you everywhere you go, and sometimes, you lose me for a long time.
I am able to give you food, clothes and everything else humans want and need.
In many cases, I live with you for a long time, but in many others, I only come for a visit.
There are different ways you can get me, one of which is as a gift.
Sometimes I sleep in containers.
What am I?

#4: Two people are eating dinner at a diner. One person ordered something healthy, the other person ordered a large amount of food. The first person has a disease that prevents him from eating what his friend is eating, if he does, he gets very sick. The other person has no disease, but his boss says he cannot risk gaining any more weight, or else he can't do his "job". Before eating, the first person lowers his head and whispers something under his breath. He finishes his meal early, and is now waiting for his friend to finish. The other person is still eating his food. A moment later, he offers his friend a morsel of his meal, which he agrees to.
The only other thing I can tell you is that both people come from two different places.

The first problem to solve is, who are the "people" eating dinner together?
The second problem to solve is, what are the "people" eating?
The third problem to solve is, why did the second "person" offer the first "person" his food, and what could it do to him?

Pokemon Themed:

#1: A Jigglypuff is singing at a "concert" for four of her friends. If you know who Jigglypuff is it should be obvious that listening to her sing will make you feel tired and fall asleep.

The song is two minutes long this time, and remember, four of her Pokemon friends have come to listen to her. It is nighttime.

One of the Pokemon is a Pikachu, who has trained himself to stay awake for long periods of time. The second Pokemon is a Psyduck, who can't even remember what he's doing there, but is sort of in between being able to stay awake and fall asleep. The third Pokemon is a Squirtle who is very fond of taking naps and likes to sleep in. The last Pokemon is a Skitty who can also sing but is still affected by another Pokemon's singing, however, she can stay awake for a moderate amount of time, before falling asleep in just a minute and a half after exposure to a sleep-inducing Move.

Jigglypuff starts to sing and the first ten seconds of the song have begun. Pikachu is still awake, but sits down to listen. Psyduck wanders around aimlessly holding his own forehead. Squirtle is still awake, but is starting to get groggy. Skitty is already curled up, but not asleep.

Thirty seconds have gone by now and Jigglypuff is still singing. Pikachu is just a little tired, but still aware of his surroundings. Psyduck is still moderately confused about what's going on. Squirtle is now all the way asleep. Skitty starts to yawn and closes her eyes.

A full minute has passed and Jigglypuff's song is halfway over. Pikachu still struggles to stay awake, but now he's laying down. Psyduck stops where he is, remembering for a split minute that a Pokemon is singing. Squirtle snores away, making the grass under his nose flicker around. Skitty purrs away in a dreaming state.

The first problem to solve is who is going to stay awake the longest?
The second problem to solve is how is the latter staying awake?

More coming soon!

I don't have time right now to go through them all, because we have friends coming over.

Number one is a wall or walls though.

EDIT: I meant to add that 2 is a fire.

".these puzzles will make Batman's most annoying villain look like a kid taking a multiple choice quiz."

Maybe @Riley should take a look, seeing that she probably is an expert on The Riddler.

Here are the answers I got.

Walls, fire, money.

The first person is lungs. The second person is a heart. They are eating oxygen. The heart is giving oxygen to the lungs?

The pokemon one has stumped me.

#1:

I am all over your home, and you can see me everywhere.
There is no way to look away from me, because every time you turn around, I'm still there.
Some people will give me different colors, others will suffocate me in sheets of paper.
I'm always standing upright, and sometimes there is a mirror hanging on me.
What am I?

#2: Feed me, and I will grow in size. Give me something to drink and I will die.

#3: You take me with you everywhere you go, and sometimes, you lose me for a long time.
I am able to give you food, clothes and everything else humans want and need.
In many cases, I live with you for a long time, but in many others, I only come for a visit.
There are different ways you can get me, one of which is as a gift.
Sometimes I sleep in containers.
What am I?

1. Walls.

2. Plants? You give them water to live and grow but give them too much water (as in a drink) and they die. EDIT: For some reason I was still thinking this is something in a house like the first riddle. The answer given by the above posters makes more sense.

3. Money.

Question 4 attempt 2:

The first person is a fire. He/She eats food which cooks it.

The second person is a bucket of water. If it overflows then it can't do its job.

Once the fire finished cooking the food, the bucket of water offered the fire some water to put it out.

Question 5 discussion:

Skitty stays awake the longest. She fell asleep at 1 minute when you said that she can stay awake for 1.5 minutes.

New Threads

Top Bottom