• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Free will

Two parallel universes one going forward in time guided by quantum mechanics made of matter, and the second time moving backwards made from anti matter. would fit your bill.

Do we have free will, or do we think we have free will? And what is fate, anyway? If time is _just_ an emergent property of the universe (it is really just a measurement of relative motion anyway) ... then all things technically, from someone watching outside our space-time, it all happens simultaneously anyway.
So if we do have free will, and the future is written from that, but the future is also ... not predetermined, but known by an outside observer ... then it might just be both.
In other words, time is relative, therefore so is the answer to this question.
(edit) if anyone wants to argue that time is relative, imagine you were paralyzed and nothing around you moved, or made any sensory input, at all. There would only be thought. There is no measure of time.

Were on the same wavelength I think Carlos Rovelli also thinks this way read his book on time just prior to my retirement.

Were on the same wavelength I think Carlos Rovelli also thinks this way read his book on time just prior to my retirement.
I find loop quantum interesting, but ultimately irrelevant. I haven't read his "timeless universe" book, forget what it is called.

So if we do have free will, and the future is written from that, but the future is also ... not predetermined, but known by an outside observer ... then it might just be both.
Now, you are stepping into Theology. If Someone knows what you are going to say, is that the same thing as compelling you to say it...?
...and nothing around you moved,...
The Earth
  1. rotates,
  2. while it orbits the Sun,
  3. which orbits the center of the galaxy...
"No motion" will never be a reality for us.

Now, you are stepping into Theology. If Someone knows what you are going to say, is that the same thing as compelling you to say it...?

The Earth
  1. rotates,
  2. while it orbits the Sun,
  3. which orbits the center of the galaxy...
"No motion" will never be a reality for us.
No, just theoretical. I'm fully secular here.
I understand that this is our perception of time. Hence this thread, and the everlasting argument.

I read the book was surprised we were on the same wavelength then gave it to my female friend at my last employer, who has a master's degree in physics as a parting gift.

@Ronald Zeeman I love talking about a book I've read, and then giving it to someone who is also excited about it :)
I suppose I should look it up and see if I can find it at the library. Quantum Gravity? Was that it? Something like that.
Since we think fairly similarly, I think I'd enjoy it as well.

Do you believe in it why or why not?
I believe in it, we are not robots. God always have us choice in everything, we are automonous human beings, to take away our choice is evil.
However I believe if you believe in God and chose to have a relationship with the creator then His choices can be for the best even if you do not see it at the time.
If you do have a wrestle with a different choice in the faith or in your life, something unexpected that feels bad then I believe God understands. I believe in a loving and understanding God who would never punish you for human battles and struggles.
I believe in a faith that is open to everybody but yes it can be hard to see how it feels like that at times.
But at the end of the day, your faith and how you pursue it is personal. Unless it is something you want to share with others and feel compelled to.

New Threads

Top Bottom