• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Forum advertising

Jumpback

I'm just trying to find humor in something because I am stressed out, but I am also just curious, I have no complaints about the forum or advertising. I am actually more than pleased with the particular advertisement I am alluding to.

When I have been reading through things there seems to this add that pops up on the right side of my iPad with a dark hared women who, shall we say, has more than a significant amount of 'junk in her trunk' wearing a one piece black thingy. The particular oversized body part is aimed directly at what I am viewing. As a straight man, I certainly do not mind this.

But I am sort of curious if straight women or gay men in the US get this same add. I'm rather happy that I don't have in an shape man with a six packs abs pointed directly at whatever I am viewing as a constant reminder that I am out of shape

Last edited:
Why wouldn't they? How would the ad server know a person's sex or orientation? Are there people who still leave ad tracking on? In this day and age? I'm pretty far from an expert in internet security myself, but that's just asking for trouble.

As to its content- well, it's a lesson I learned in early childhood, so I never would've thought of this (thanks for bringing it up!), but not basing your self-esteem on comparison to other people (especially when you're only seeing them in places and positions designed to make them look good) is foolish. Isn't that one of the most important lessons for managing autism? Methinks that this is an interesting point of common group between us and the allistics.

I got bicycle underwear for men for a while, which is kinda obscene looking and arguably appeals to gay men??? Thankfully it's stopped now. Think generally salacious imagery is part of marketing.

I think they are random adds. I am a women and these pop up all the time. Seems completely random, and I ignore all of them.

I got bicycle underwear for men for a while, which is kinda obscene looking and arguably appeals to gay men??? Thankfully it's stopped now. Think generally salacious imagery is part of marketing.

Maybe the people in the pictures are just models so they are young and attractive?

I mean I guess that if I had any interest in buying bicycle underwear, I'd be slightly more likely to buy bicycle underwear if there was a picture of them on a 23 year old guy with 6 pack abs than on a middle aged man with a very large beer gut.

New Threads

Top Bottom