• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Forgetting what to create (art)/Forgetting what I like to watch (YouTube)

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
With autism, there are times where I will be at a table, suitcase full of art pencils at the ready, sketchbook turned to a blank page and itching to have something drawn on it, and i will just sit there staring, never having any idea what to put in there. I specialize in Kirby art, and my main cast of characters (Kazuma, Kandace, Clearwater, Steel, Cipher, Saito (as a cameo), Lavendoodle and Wizbit, occasionally) is par for the course on some ideas for scenes, but most of the time, I have no idea what to do with them.

Examples of this moment:

What will be the next episode in my manga? Is Kazuma fighting someone? Is Saito confessing his love to Kandace/Kandy Kot? Does Cipher receive an important firmware update that adds a new feature to his operating system? I've done so many ideas before, and all I can think of for new situations is the same things I've done vefore but looking different.

Second, the plot and setting of Fallen Stars. I've established that it takes place on a version of PopStar that is divided into twenty four alphabetical sectors following the aftermath of two major wars between seven different factions at the same time, and the planet is sorted into six "continental acres" that house these sectors. But I've never drawn a world map or even what Neo PopStar looks like after the Calamity Seasons ended. I've also tried to think of how the passage of years work; whereas my manga started in 2017 when the plot was first established, I decided to have the manga take place in the cosmic year 200X-A7, just after Light Matter signed a contract named the Galactic Oath Subtraction and Division Absence, meaning that Light Matter will remain the Overseer of Continent Acre 3 but must stay there and never go anywhere else.

I'm worried that this will create confusion among people that might read my manga episodes once they're scanned and uploaded somewhere.

Sorry to branch off like that but that's how much my artists block goes into detail.

As for YouTube binging, I remember being younger I had so many things I used to love to watch, like when Flipnote Hatena was still around I was into stick figure fights and fan made anime footnotes starring these catlike creatures that I could never figure out what they were called. (I think one person called them "Fluffs"?)

Nowadays I go to the search bar and have no idea what to type. Birb memes? R.I.P Vine? Vinesauce? Tool assisted speedruns? I've seen the same stuff so much but I still love it and I still have no idea what to look for anymore.

What do?

I guess if you're doing story based OC type art, write a small mini-chapter, or snippet of the chapter and illustrate it, posting the snippet underneath... That way anyone who stumbles on it can read it and see what's going on in the art. And that helps with the art block.

I'm not sure if that's helpful at at all as I draw other type of things that aren't based on a story or OC's. As for YouTube... When I don't know what to watch, I refresh the page a few times and look at the 'Recommended' list, if something catches my eye I follow that to other videos like it.

New Threads

Top Bottom