• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Food Food Food

I hate certain textures in my mouth so I won't eat scrambled eggs unless there's something else in it to make it less...scrambly. I also refuse to eat runny eggs.
I LOVE chicken, but I'm very picky about how I'll eat it. White meat only, no skin.
I only eat my meat *VERY* well done. I get wicked anxious over red meat.

Oh, food. That's one of my biggest obstacles, if not THE biggest. I'm completely unwilling to try new things, and I won't eat anything remotely complex. Salad? No. Soup? No. You name it, I won't eat it. Nachos? No. Cheese is odd for me. I'll eat it on some things but not others. I always feel embarrassed when I go to restaurants because I have to order very simple things. And school lunches...I eat hamburgers and fish. And that's pretty much it. I do not look forward to a day I have a date, and she orders something luxurious while I order a grilled cheese sandwich.

I used to only eat a certain brand of butter and I'd be literally sick with disgust from anything else, I'd hate the other brands so much that it would be literally difficult to even touch them let alone eat them as I'd literally want to throw up, you would think I was touching something really horrible like poo or something, I knew it was illogical but it was very hard to override it and I really couldn't help it, it was almost like a phobia and it was weird! I don't know why that happened and I've still got the problem although to a slightly lesser degree, I still cringe when around certain food items, especially non used to brands of butter spread, although I can override it partly at least now.

I'm now vegetarian and have been since 1996. If left alone however I can literally live on cereal for weeks, the same every day and people don't understand how I could do that, yet I never get fed up or want to change food. Even now I will be happy to have the same thing every single day, but a friend forces me to vary my diet somewhat although it's not always the best health wise even though it's vegetarian, E.g. vegetarian pizzas with garlic bread.

I will not eat any kind of fried egg if it is browned, and I want all but "sunny side up" eggs cooked thoroughly. It is really hard to make an omelet as and get it cooked through without any browning, but it can be done. Scrambled eggs are easier if they are cooked very slowly. I do like other foods that are browned, like fried potatoes or onions. Just eggs have to be pristine. If I am in a diner that produces cooked food very quickly I don't even consider getting eggs. As soon as the egg hits the grill it gets brown on the bottom.

I'm not ultra picky as long as it's not fish/green, but I tend to eat the same thing every day for a few weeks. My friends don't understand how I can eat the same thing for dinner every night for weeks on end and not grow tired of it.

I drink tea like a fish drinks water too.

i cant eat candies and chocolate because my sense of taste is so strong, cant drink wine for the same reason. a tiny bit spicy is waaaay too spicy for me. cant eat some pastries because they're too salty, cant, cant, cant...
i'm over sensitive, i feel too much. i'm either too hungry or when eating too much my stomach hurts.

Likes: red meat, chicken, turkey, salmon, tuna, pasta, pulled pork, bread, potatoes, eggs, hot sauce, mayo

Dislikes: tomatoes, ketchup, ethnic sauces/seasonings (soy, teriyaki, curry), sweets

New Threads

Top Bottom