• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

following up on coming out Aspie

Plant13

Thanks for all the positive comments, I believe that relationship will not change, that to which I referred. In that same spirit, other relationships will not change. If my mother had 'believed', would she have still left me out of family events, and continue to soft shoulder me? Yes she would have. If my brother had believed, would he have continued to bait me with money and cut off all communication? For sure he would have. Does it matter if they believe? Its not Santa, its not the effing Tooth Fairy although she is one of my favorite fairies(I'm clapping for Fairies). Nothing changed. No it doesn't matter if they believe. They are family, they have contributed to isolation regardless of diagnosis. I shrug my shoulder. I smile my crooked smile without showing teeth, I accept and am sorry they miss out on the grand disparity between thee and me.

New Threads

Top Bottom