• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Flavoured salt.

I have Sriracha salt made by * San Francisco Salt Co.* l am pretty thrilled with the quality, so l will check out their web site. The ingredients are: sea salt, chili pepper, red pepper, organic habanero chili powder, garlic powder and citric acid. It's so good on anything. Another yummy switch is buy sweet potatoes, cook them up like French fries, or l just made mashed sweet potatoes. And l make a vegetarian hash which you can use regular potatoes or sweet potatoes or both together. I might need the truffle salt, or ALL their salts. Lol

I have Sriracha salt made by * San Francisco Salt Co.* l am pretty thrilled with the quality, so l will check out their web site. The ingredients are: sea salt, chili pepper, red pepper, organic habanero chili powder, garlic powder and citric acid. It's so good on anything. Another yummy switch is buy sweet potatoes, cook them up like French fries, or l just made mashed sweet potatoes. And l make a vegetarian hash which you can use regular potatoes or sweet potatoes or both together. I might need the truffle salt, or ALL their salts. Lol

I must have white potatoes, I cannot change. Just the thought was upsetting. Brain says no.

I tried Sriracha sauce and it was delicious but the garlic stayed with me so long it would not go away. That was too unpleasant so I stopped using it though I liked it a lot.

Another thing that goes really well with potatoes is beef gravy. Just buy a tin of gravy powder. It's easy to make small amounts at a time, just put a couple of teaspoons in a small amount of water and microwave it. You have to keep stopping and stirring it a lot though, or it goes chunky.

I don't know what brands you have in the US, this is a popular one here:

gravy-can-powder-traditional-120gm.jpg

Being raised here in Calif. in regions near where fresh produce, and spices are produced, I learned early that it is doable on a budget to avoid mass-produced processed foods with additives, and gravitate towards healthier foods, and flavored with largely natural spices.

Being raised here in Calif. in regions near where fresh produce, and spices are produced, I learned early that it is doable on a budget to avoid mass-produced processed foods with additives, and gravitate towards healthier foods, and flavored with largely natural spices.
Depending on where you live of course, it's actually a lot cheaper to eat properly. I also live in a place reknowned for high quality fresh food, but many people buy preprepared foods for convenience. In many cases it's not even because they're too busy to cook but because they can't be bothered.

Even if it's what people think of as cheap frozen meals, it's a lot more expensive to pay for someone else to do the preparation than it is to do it yourself. And if it's designed for long life on a supermarket shelf then you know it's going to be full of preservatives and other weird chemicals.

Another thing that goes really well with potatoes is beef gravy. Just buy a tin of gravy powder. It's easy to make small amounts at a time, just put a couple of teaspoons in a small amount of water and microwave it. You have to keep stopping and stirring it a lot though, or it goes chunky.

I don't know what brands you have in the US, this is a popular one here:

View attachment 127843

Thank you. I just looked it up. It has 340mg of sodium, the powder I found. That will make me too thirsty but I think it would taste good. I will use the onion powder until I don’t like it.

Baby potatoes cut in half slow cooked on medium/low heat in light olive oil and butter (quite a bit of good unsalted butter). In a big pot, with crushed garlic cloves and some fresh rosemary (not too much as gets soapy) plus good salt. They become slightly crispy on outside and soft on inside. Then fresh parsley and/or fresh dill on top. Also a huge paprika fan - either smoky or sweet - that would work well on the potatoes too.

New Threads

Top Bottom