• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

financial aid in QC, Canada for ASD

Sab

Hi!

Does anybody here know anything about financial aid in Canada, more specificaly in Quebec, for people diagnosed with ASD? I'm looking into that right now. I am currently getting a bit of financial aid (the basic amount that doesn't take into account disability) and working part time but it still isn't enough to meet my basic needs.

I feel nervous bringing it up with my doctor because he initially didn't believe I was on the spectrum and I have trouble feeling valid asking for more financial aid. But I can't work enough hours to not depend on it (or haven't found a way yet to have a steady income in a sustainable way).

Thanks,

Sab

Unless you are unable to work, that is handicapped physically and/or mentally and cannot hold down a job of any sort. There is no financial aid in Quebec, Canada for someone with autism, as far as I know.

Aid for someone with diagnosed autism, is only given to the parents or caretakers of children and adults who are low-functioning. That is unable to speak, feed themselves, and/or who may be physically handicapped in some way.

If someone with autism is unable to support themselves, the government will aid them if they do not have family who can support them. The person with autism would be placed in a care facility or a group home.

Ressources financières | Fédération québécoise de l'autisme

Last edited:
Unless you are unable to work, that is handicapped physically and/or mentally and cannot hold down a job of any sort. There is no financial aid in Quebec, Canada for someone with autism, as far as I know.

Aid for someone with diagnosed autism, is only given to the parents or caretakers of children and adults who are low-functioning. That is unable to speak, feed themselves, and/or who may be physically handicapped in some way.

If someone with autism is unable to support themselves, the government will aid them if they do not have family who can support them. The person with autism would be placed in a care facility or a group home.

Ressources financières | Fédération québécoise de l'autisme

Thanks for the info Mia!

New Threads

Top Bottom