• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Finally!!!

One study doesn't necessarily mean anything. But if this is one in a long line of others saying the same thing, then I would be inclined to agree with you.

The fact that they provided no links or sources, and the mere fact that it's the Daily Mail, means I'm going to wait for more information from better sources...though, the idea certainly seems plausible.

Actually, after coming across a digusting article relating to autism on the Daily Mail, I'd like this thread removed if possible please. It doesn't warrant worthwhile news, and I really really would like it removed from the important section about news.

If anyone does read this thread, please be aware that the Daily Mail is a sensationalist uk newspaper with a reputation (well deserved) for provoking reactions in people. It does not report in a balanced way at all.

Last edited:
Actually, after coming across a disgusting article relating to autism on the Daily Mail, I'd like this thread removed if possible please. It doesn't warrant worthwhile news, and I really really would like it removed from the important section about news.

If anyone does read this thread, please be aware that the Daily Mail is a sensationalist uk newspaper with a reputation (well deserved) for provoking reactions in people. It does not report in a balanced way at all.
I was going to comment about the questionable reporting that newspaper does, but I refrained, as I didn't feel it was necessary. Did you not realize that this article came from The Daily Mail when you initially posted it? (I'm not criticizing you; I'm just genuinely confused.)

I was going to comment about the questionable reporting that newspaper does, but I refrained, as I didn't feel it was necessary. Did you not realize that this article came from The Daily Mail when you initially posted it? (I'm not criticizing you; I'm just genuinely confused.)

This whole thread was supposed to be light hearted, but since discovering that the Mail ran such a disgusting article by an ignorant reporter, I want to remove any reference to that pile of garbage newspaper from AC!

The good news is that the offending article has caused a huge outcry, the bad news is that the paper has done nothing about it. Grr!

This whole thread was supposed to be light hearted, but since discovering that the Mail ran such a disgusting article by an ignorant reporter, I want to remove any reference to that pile of garbage newspaper from AC!

The good news is that the offending article has caused a huge outcry, the bad news is that the paper has done nothing about it. Grr!
Oh, it was sarcasm . . . d'oh. I usually get sarcasm when I hear it in person, but it's so difficult to interpret when it's just in online text.

Well, I think crowds making decisions isn't a good idea anyway. But, light hearted rather than sarcastic? Tongue in cheek perhaps? It's hard sometimes to interpret text only communications, and I've seen some instances of things being misinterpreted badly leading to rows on AC. It happens sometimes, but easy to fix :)

I agree with your contempt of the Daily Mail.
But i do also agree with the idea within the original article that crowds snuff out genius.

Crowds snuff out most things!! ;) Remember Quasimodo? Frankenstein? Fiction always turns to mob mentality to show unthinking groups. Politicians are designed to appeal to crowds, so is it any wonder politics is such a feeble instrument?? :D

New Threads

Top Bottom