• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Finally getting answers.

Owly

Hi all, recently my mother has done research told me I'm probably an aspie. Ive always felt like I didn't fit in and never knew why. Most of the problems I've had during my life fall under this diagnosis with alarming accuracy. My life is currently in shambles and my marriage is on the rocks due to many problems I've had such as constant isolation and a lack of "common sense" other people seem to have that I don't. I feel like like I'm finally filling in the missing pieces of a puzzle. I dont know what to do or who to turn to.

Hi Owly

welcome to af.png

Welcome Owly!
You can always turn to here. Read and ask questions. Just chat or whatever.
I think your avatar is so cute. :)

Hi all, recently my mother has done research told me I'm probably an aspie. Ive always felt like I didn't fit in and never knew why. Most of the problems I've had during my life fall under this diagnosis with alarming accuracy. My life is currently in shambles and my marriage is on the rocks due to many problems I've had such as constant isolation and a lack of "common sense" other people seem to have that I don't. I feel like like I'm finally filling in the missing pieces of a puzzle. I dont know what to do or who to turn to.
Mindfulness !find something you can focus on easily, I use adult colouring books and specifically for me watercolour pencils ,Go to the search box in the top right hand corner of the forums page and type in high functioning autism ,another thing that will help is to go to YouTube and put in Aspergers syndrome, there are many adult autistic people posting there. if you don’t understand some of the terms used people who are not autistic are referred to in the community as neurotypical-that just means having typical neurology which is a large amount of the world population, autistic people and people with other types of neurology are called neuro diverse, on some of the videos they might use these terms.

Mindfulness !find something you can focus on easily, I use adult colouring books and specifically for me watercolour pencils ,Go to the search box in the top right hand corner of the forums page and type in high functioning autism ,another thing that will help is to go to YouTube and put in Aspergers syndrome, there are many adult autistic people posting there. if you don’t understand some of the terms used people who are not autistic are referred to in the community as neurotypical-that just means having typical neurology which is a large amount of the world population, autistic people and people with other types of neurology are called neuro diverse, on some of the videos they might use these terms.
Ok. Thank you for the information.

New Threads

Top Bottom