• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fellow Gamers, how has gaming helped you in your life?

That'd do it. Only consoles I ever had were PS2 and PS3. And I bought those mainly to double as a DVD player.. Now that there's Netflix, DVDs have sort of become obsolete, and for me consoles have become too costly for how long they last before they get replaced by the next version.

Prefer DVDs over Netflix. I agree about the consoles. Now there more like computers. You need the internet to do anything with them.

Gaming is a good distraction and an escape from reality. I have always played and created my own world. I used to play with Airfix soldiers as a kid. I like games where I can customise my character. Also I like games that are beautiful to look at and are well written. The state of games today does leave a lot to be desired but there are a few gems still.

I teamed up with a few other people who had various things like autism, adhd, schizophrenia, etc and we are building a game of our own (that will incidentally help kids with similar issues in the future). It's been great learning new skills alongside other people (most of us were total noobs in our field) and will feel great to know we've created something socially beneficial once the game is complete.

Is a good distraction and a good source of inspiration, I have a lot different games, because I write a hobby, sometimes I replay a particular game, so I can experience visually what I need to write, because I write mostly science fiction/fantasy, most of my games are space simulators, Rebel Galaxy, Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, Starpoint Gemini 2, Starpoint Gemini Warlords, Starsector, I have some fantasy games, like Morrowing, Oblivion, Skyrim and The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt, other is mostly for nostalgia, like Jurassic Park Evolution, have less features than Operation Genesis, but is not a joy take the jeep for a ride around your park, specially if you built it as a natural reserve, watch the dinosaurs go by, and other because I enjoy the sandboxes like the GTA games, even that GTA V was a great let down, not what I was expecting, the gameplay loop of working for shady people and getting pay was sideline because the ****ing multiplayer, so the people that you work for, never pay you or you work for free, and the mechanic of buying business is really bad, Saint Row The Third did it much better, because they pay you in real hours, not ingame weeks, so getting money in GTA V is a chore.

New Threads

Top Bottom