• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite Joghurt (aka Yogurt) Flavors?

Oops! I am such a know-it-all sometimes. Insufferable, I know. Sorry @Owliet ! And sorry to @Darkkin, too, for my trying to be a bit of a know-it-all.

I'm sure it's not a problem and they do speak German there. Or 'Swiss German' at least. The important thing is that they have chocolate rivers and cheese mountains. :D I like to think they have that there.

It’s interesting that there are different ways to spell yogurt.…
When I worked in a supermarket, the rack in the chiller where the yogurts were kept was labeled "Yoghurts" Every so often, someone would scribble out the h with a marker pen. Then the department manager would rub it off. (Side note, one of my favorite German words, Abteilungsleiterinnen) Then someone else would scribble it out. Then another manager would rub it off. Then someone put a sticker with "Yogurts" over it. Then I was asked to peel it off. Then people would try to peel off the original label. But it was an industrial grade label, so it took a while. Over time, people worked away at removing that original label, while others tried to keep it on. Pretty controversial, that one letter h. I wonder if that label has survived to this day....

Some people have not even heard of Switzerland before and think it is Sweden.

Did you see the protest on the news last week? Someone was very angry with Sweden and organized a protest. Then they burned the Swiss flag... :) Maybe I shouldn't laugh but that's a little funny. They were shouting "Death to Sweden, Sweden sucks!" and then they pull out a Swiss flag and burn it. Difficult to not laugh.

Last edited:
No worries — It is an easy mistake to make.=D Some people have not even heard of Switzerland before and think it is Sweden.
Well, since I already made a bit of an ass out of myself, I will further display my ignorance because of my curiosity… Is German the main language spoken in Switzerland?

That’s an interesting way of consuming yogurt…but I think it would save on washing the dishes! I do sometimes drink the drink yogurts but I often find them very lacking in flavor.

You can buy yoghurt in small plastic pots or in 1 liter milk cartons here, that's handy. This is vanilla "Frokostyoghurt" in a carton, it means "breakfast yoghurt".

1liter.png

I'm sure it's not a problem and they do speak German there. Or 'Swiss German' at least. The important thing is that they have chocolate rivers and cheese mountains. I like to think they have that there.
Got it!

I was actually there once when I was a young girl with my family. But, I was too young to remember any yogurt or chocolate. I do remember hiking in the Alps because that was basically unforgettable.

I'm sure it's not a problem and they do speak German there. Or 'Swiss German' at least. The important thing is that they have chocolate rivers and cheese mountains. :D I like to think they have that there.
Schweizerdeutsch. And even then we have different dialects.

Yes, yes…we totally have them. Zermatt is made from cheese.=D
When I worked in a supermarket, the rack in the chiller where the yogurts were kept was labeled "Yoghurts" Every so often, someone would scribble out the h with a marker pen. Then the department manager would rub it off.
That is so weird that people would do that. And quite funny.=D
Did you see the protest on the news last week? Someone was very angry with Sweden and organzised a protest. Then they burned the Swiss flag... :) Maybe I shouldn't laugh but that's a little funny. They were shouting "Death to Sweden, Sweden sucks!" and then they pull out a Swiss flag and burn it. Difficult to not laugh.
I mean, to be fair…sometimes things have to be taken into hands. There’s only so much that can be taken.
Well, since I already made a bit of an ass out of myself, I will further display my ignorance because of my curiosity… Is German the main language spoken in Switzerland?
No you haven’t.=). Like I said to @Forest Cat . There are 3 official spoken languages: German, French and Italian with Romansh (which is the “old language but it is not really used like less than 0.5% of the population speak it so not really a language) and English is also becoming another language spoken. However, Schweizerdeutsch is not the same as German in Germany. A lot of Germans find it a bit difficult to understand since we have the weird words in our Schweizerdeutsch language. Like we learn German but we have different words. For example; Carrots is Karotte(n) in Germany and here it is often Rüebli.

I was actually there once when I was a young girl with my family. But, I was too young to remember any yogurt or chocolate. I do remember hiking in the Alps because that was basically unforgettable.

The alps are amazing. And I come from a place known for nature and mountains, but the Swiss alps are just spectacular.

Some people have not even heard of Switzerland before and think it is Sweden.
I always thought people got Switzerland and Swaziland confused.

Did you see the protest on the news last week? Someone was very angry with Sweden and organzised a protest. Then they burned the Swiss flag... :) Maybe I shouldn't laugh but that's a little funny. They were shouting "Death to Sweden, Sweden sucks!" and then they pull out a Swiss flag and burn it. Difficult to not laugh.
A joke I heard about the Swiss flag:

I don't know what it's like to live in Switzerland, but the flag is a big plus...

I mentioned earlier that I like all yoghurt but I remember one I didn't like. Rhubarb flavored yoghurt. That was a little nasty, rhubarb can be a difficult flavor.

Actually, I always thought that their mountains must be made of chocolate, I mean, you've seen what a Toblerone bar looks like, right? :)

As for yog(h)urt, I like Greek yogurt with honey, fresh fruit like blueberries, strawberries and rasberries, and granola.

How about onion flavored yoghurt? :D I'll bet you guys have that at the Zibelemärit. ;)

This recipe isn’t that far off
PRINT

Creamy Greek Yogurt Dressing​

By Jennifer Segal, modestly adapted from Ana Sortun via Fine Cooking April/May 2015
This wonderfully light and creamy yogurt dressing is a cinch to make and is delicious on just about anything, even grilled meats.
Servings: About 1 cup, enough for 4-5 salads

INGREDIENTS​

• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, from one lemon
  • 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, best quality such as Lucini
  • 1½ teaspoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic, from about 2 cloves
  • ½ cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt
  • ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil, best quality such as Lucini
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • ½ teaspoon dried dill

Actually, I always thought that their mountains must be made of chocolate, I mean, you've seen what a Toblerone bar looks like, right? :)

I remember reading that the Toblerone is actually inspired by the Matterhorn mountain. So Matterhorn is most likely made of chocolate. The Swiss are trying to keep a delicious secret from us. :)

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom