• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Father claims his 12-year-old son is possessed by the devil and wants an exorcism performed

AGXStarseed

(Not written by me. The source article contains a disturbing video of a child being beaten, so viewer discretion is advised)

HORRIFIC footage of a dad beating his son because he believes the boy is possessed by the devil has been screened on medical talk show, Dr Phil in the US.

Twelve-year-old Jack, whose mother claims he suffers from a mental illness, is seen being held down by his neck while smacked by his father.

“I believe my son is possessed. Is it a demon or is it the devil, I can’t say, but it’s scary,” John says of his son, when speaking about Jack’s condition.

“I feel that it is demons inside him controlling him. There is definitely something not right with Jack.”

289fe4f043c3472244799ba3f9f2d450

John believes his 12-year-old son is possessed by a demon.Source:YouTube

John says during the segment, which aired in the US on Monday, that his son is possessed by evil forces that are instructing the boy to kill his family.

“At two and a half years old he began exhibiting traits,” John says to Dr Phil McGraw when questioned about why he thinks his son is possessed.

“There was the stacking of glass around his mother’s neck point side up ... I caught him in the middle of it.”

When probed about the glass incident, John said he’d prayed over his son at night in a desperate bid to rid his son of evil spirits.

“I don’t know everything about demonic forces,” he said.

“Just like any man I have a past ... I’ve come to know Jesus in the last four years ... a lot of the things that I’ve read, he sees the demon in his sleep and when he closes his eyes. He showed his mother pictures of what he sees.”

John said his biggest fear is that his son will one day hurt — or even kill — his family.

“He [Jack] said he [demon] is telling me to get a knife and kill the family,” John recalled of a conversation he had with his son.

“So that time I let him come out [on to the balcony] I made another phone call, we took him [Jack] back to the hospital.”

But Jack’s mother, Jen — who is no longer married to John — says her son suffers from a mental illness, and that John’s harsh discipline has only aggravated Jack’s behaviour.

“My 12-year-old son, Jack, is completely out of control,” says Jen.

“He’s hit me, kicked me, punched me, broken my windows in my house, threatened to stab me with a knife.

“One occasion, he broke a wooden dowel, and he told me if I came any closer, he was going to stab me to death.

“He’s told me he wished that I was dead.”

1ebed563c9262792e13ea6fc0ba4fc5f

Jack's mum Jen says her son has a mental illness, and doesn't want him to have an exorcism.Source:YouTube

“John is spanking Jack, and we’ve been told not to spank Jack from CPS and from the state hospital,” she said.

“John doesn’t understand what’s going on in Jack’s head. He needs to understand more, instead of just thinking that he can beat him into behaving.”

Speaking to Dr Phil, Jen claimed her husband had an exorcism space chosen, but she wouldn’t allow any spiritual healing to take place.

“He [John] said he had a whole group of guys working on it, and he already picked out the place, and he’d already had his house blessed,” Jen claimed.

“Now, my 12-year-old believes he has demons inside of him. There’s no way on Earth that I’m going let him perform an exorcism on my son.”

d7955fc43a9b905b78cfd99b33c22648

John and his wife, Renee, who isn't Jack's biological mother, want for him to have an exorcism. Source:YouTube

Dr Phil McGraw, who is an American television personality, author and psychologist, said autism and Asperger’s syndrome would be on his radar ahead of considering him as demonically possessed.

Dr Phil said the way John has been approaching his son wasn’t in the Jack’s best interest — but straight out “bullying”.

“This is intimidating and violent behaviour,” Dr McGraw said.

“You’re bullying that boy. That is straight out bullying.”

Source: ‘I believe my son is possessed’

The mother refers to Asperger's as a mental illness.

The beating was spanking the boy, knocking him to the floor.

Blessing the house, or asking blessing isn't a harmful concept.
Beating the kid and telling him he's got "demons" in him is poor.

This is the Dr. Phil show, which features sensationalized stories
of anguished families as being educational and helpful.

The most useful thing I have ever heard Dr. Phil say is
"How's that working for you?"

Violent spanking doesn't seem to be doing any good.
I don't think the child's issues would be addressed by a
religious ritual, either.

No need for an exorcism.

Though I do see that electroconvulsive therapy for the parents and guardians might be of some benefit.

I'm okay with the idea of an exorcism.

However, if it fails, then John has to shut up forever.

the very fact that anyone in a "civilized" country still believes in this kind of thing makes my blood boil. But this is in the US, with it's "Bible Belt" and all, so maybe it's not that shocking.

I watched the video and read the link. What are the steps the parents should take? Maybe having this on tv will come to some good in some way....helping this kid to get the proper help.

It’s really easy for autism experts and people who have autism to KNOW WHAT TO DO and look down at people who have no training or knowledge of this sort of behavior in autistic children. My mom would have beaten me to death for behaving like that. That is no exaggeration to say this. Neither of my parents would have known, and would probably consulted a priest for exorcism too as they were devoutly faith based, as is this father. All come from a background where one does not spoil the child, and one does NOT spare the rod.

Honestly though, that kind of screaming and the physical threats and violence that kid has done, would leave me feeling murderous and abusive too. Honestly, I have NO coping skills for melt down behavior, and I would be seriously scared by that violent, threatening, disruptive kid. So, what would be the helpful steps for that father to take with his son rather than do what was probably done to himself as a child?

It’s not helpful to just criticize him. What would a parent do...it would seem that maybe this family lives in a poor rural Bible Belt, and do not have education or access to the services found in the big cities.

Possessed by the Devil? The Father is clearly an idiot IMO, and that's me being kind.

This is a clear case of Child abuse IMO, the Child should be removed from the Father ASAP and placed in care.

And the Father should seek medical help, he clearly has mental health issues.

Not to mention the kind of fake stunts some people pull to get their 2 minutes of fame on Jerry Springer or some other US talk show.

It's the same here in the UK, Chavs end up on Jeremy Kyle every day with stories of how they had it off with 3 different guys and now have 6 kids, but they don't recall which kids belong to which guy.

And then they're trying to fleece the Benefits Office for as much Child benefit as they can get their mitts on....

This...unbelievable. This just pisses me off. The father in this situation needs to be exorcised if anything, or at least get some help for his "inner demons". His son is exhibiting this kind of behavior for a reason! What's the rest of the situation like at home for starters? Stop trying to rationalize it with religion alone and get somebody with a brain and medical experience to figure out what's going on.

Wow, that's horrible!

This child obviously has had meltdowns, and starting at the age when symptoms of autism occur, which is two or three years old.

These parents should be put in jail!

This kid deserves better than that. The CPS and police should step in. Maybe have SWAT raid the house, since there is much more of a threat of them accidentally killing the child than anything.

This child isn't possessed, he was going through meltdowns just like all autistic children do at some point in their lives.

This kind of thing should always be treated as bullying/abuse. I don't believe the parents actually care about the best interest of the child in these situations. Because if they did, they wouldn't be beating them. It's just being used as an excuse to beat a child. It's not that they have good intentions, but rather that they want to feel morally justified, so they make something up.

Last edited:
All these people being nice about what the couple should do and I'm just sitting here, thinking "John is a Margaret White-level nutjob."

Last edited:
Well this cases is either one or a few things either the father is a total nut job and is doing this for publicity stunt or the son has a mental illness or the boy is really possessed and if he is they need to get a person of God in there to exercise the boy of the evil spirits and they also need to know the name of the demon possessing the boy for example and the Bible I believe it's somewhere in mark Jesus exercises a man possessed by devils and asked for the names and they respond with Legion which means many but that was just one example but there are many more exorcisms in the Bible a third of Jesus's Ministry was casting out demons or devils but what I feel this is case is most likely a nut job trying to get money or something lots of people do stupid stuff for attention

Last edited:
Well, I've got this X26 taser that's attached to this M4 as a grip.... Should be a good start, right?

Well...I don't think an M4 or a taser qualifies as standard medical equipment. But hey...keep thinking! :p

Then again a prison hospital might not be so picky. o_O

New Threads

Top Bottom