• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Family/ Friends categories

Biblio-Love

I seem to be the only one in my family who wants to keep family as family and friends as friends. Not that I have many of either, but I don't see why at the rare social functions I initiate that I am obligated to invite both. I don't want my mom to "hang" and gossip with my friends anymore than I want my friends socially drinking with my mom. I seem to be the only one who thinks this though. My mom acts all hurt because I don't invite her... but I'd like to keep these two real separate. Anyone else feel this way?

I do invite and exclude who I want, but my family attempts to make me feel guilty for excluding them sometimes. Perhaps it is that I so seldom initiate a social function so when I do everyone wants to be invited. I guess i am blessed with a loving family. There are worse things. But I do like to keep family and friend activities separate, but I seem to be the only one. Drinking with my parents isn't something I want to do... ever.

Yea I get what you are saying. When I lived at home I would have friends come over or bandmates show up and my mom would always sit there chatting with them like she was friends with them. It was really obnoxious, I could see like a "hello how are you" type of thing but this stuff would go on and on and she would take over the conversation. I wanted to keep this from happening but it was pretty much impossible.

New Threads

Top Bottom