• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fairly New Aspie!

CR Hays

Hello, I am CR Hays.

I am a 47 year old male diagnosed with Aspergers just 3 years ago. I was so glad to have this diagnoses. I only wish it had come sooner in my life. I spent years trying to figure out why I was so different from everyone else in my life. Now that I know, I am much happier just being me. I have gone back to college, first in the medical field, but I didn't like it that much. This summer I made a couple videos, and fell in love with film-making. I have since changed my major. If anyone wants to see what an Aspie can do with absolutely no training whatsoever, then you can check out my youtube channel. That is the thing I love most about Aspergers, I can do anything I set my mind to.

hayscoinc's Channel - YouTube

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing your YouTube channel, those are really nice-looking videos!

I'm always a little inspired by people who manage to "reinvent" themselves a little bit; it's something I'm currently sort of trying to do myself. I wonder if that's something that aspies are more likely to attempt since it's often a bit harder for them to find their place in the mainstream of society.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing your YouTube channel, those are really nice-looking videos!

I'm always a little inspired by people who manage to "reinvent" themselves a little bit; it's something I'm currently sort of trying to do myself. I wonder if that's something that aspies are more likely to attempt since it's often a bit harder for them to find their place in the mainstream of society.

Thanks

And yes, looking back on my life and the many different occupations I have tried, it seems that I was really just trying to find a place to fit in. Now, however, my quest will be more of a journey to find something I love to do and accept the fact that I will always be different.

Welcome to the forums. We have a section dedicated to photos and videos, feel free to post any of your Youtube videos relating to Aspergers in it.

Hi, there.
I gotta tell you I liked your cover song and your voice. I think it's rather uncommon for aspies to sing well, as many of us lack the ability to modulate our voice tones. I have a deep voice too, but when I sing, everyone thinks it's quite funny and start to imitate me, which is fine by me.
I do encourage you to pursuit this new activity of yours and hope you keep us updated with your videos.
Welcome here.

I have a deep voice too, but when I sing, everyone thinks it's quite funny and start to imitate me, which is fine by me.

I like that! Well into my High School years, one of the main things that people in school would always make fun of me for was the way that I talked (years later, I saw a speech therapist knowledgeable about AS who told me that my speech patterns are probably AS-related). I would always get really angry by people doing that, but I think my response to that now would just be to just embrace it and respond by doing my imitation of their imitation of what they thought I sounded like. :p I recall reading something about how Rudy Simone, a writer and stand-up comic with AS (which, to me, makes the stand-up comic part a little surprising) will sometimes do an exaggerated version of her AS speech patterns as part of her stand-up comedy routines.

Last edited:
I like that! Well into my High School years, one of the main things that people in school would always make fun of me for was the way that I talked (years later, I saw a speech therapist knowledgeable about AS who told me that my speech patterns are probably AS-related).

As I said, I watched your video with your introduction of your local library, ICM. I have to say I think I speak in a quite similar pattern, with the same kind of pauses, that you do. It was really interesting to notice that. I am aware that speech patterns may be related to Asperger's, but it was the first time I got to see something like that. I've watched a video of a Brazilian aspie, but he was reading a speech, so I couldn't notice anything.

I've had colleagues from different environments making impersonations of me and they were pretty similar to each other. So I guess their portrait must be somewhat accurate. They've never gotten on my nerves though. I used to find it quite funny.

As I said, I watched your video with your introduction of your local library, ICM. I have to say I think I speak in a quite similar pattern, with the same kind of pauses, that you do. It was really interesting to notice that. I am aware that speech patterns may be related to Asperger's, but it was the first time I got to see something like that.

BTW: I posted the video that Pedro is talking about in this thread:

http://www.aspiescentral.com/pictures-videos-vault/698-youtube-videos.html

Sorry if it seems like I'm hijacking your thread a little, CR Hays. :cute:

Last edited:
I'm actually really impressed, pretty talented I must say and welcome aboard to Aspies Central forums. :D

New Threads

Top Bottom