• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Experience

DrDanLEdmunds

They said to persevere. I began to perseverate. They discouraged me.

Be joyful they said. I flapped my hands with joyful feeling. Not like that they said.

They used alot of words whereas I had not many. They said I needed to speak like them and when I did they said it was the wrong words.

You need more friends they said as they forced me into the circle of bullies they called my 'friends'.

You need to be independent they said. So I tried. No, not like that. No, you cannot possibly do that.

Share your interests they said. So I did. We do not find that very interesting they said. Stop repeating yourself!

You are in your own world they said. And with that final statement it occurred to me- their world is not kind. Why is it better? Why must I be as them?

So whereas they refused to embrace or understand my world, I was forced to assimilate into theirs, each day giving up a part of my very being.

It was thenbIvdecided to be empowered, to embrace that which they refused to embrace, to be as I was, am, and will continue on to be. And I sought to share a piece of my world with those who dare might understand.

Dan L. Edmunds, Ed.D.

I like it. I believe it. To be an individual instead of one of the masses, is a good thing. Welcome, I think that you are going to like it here.

That's what we are trying to be here, who we are, not what others think we should be. Finding that out might take a lifetime of understanding but it's worth it. Welcome.

New Threads

Top Bottom