• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Resource icon

Emotional Intelligence Course 2018-01-05

LucyPurrs

NT, INFJ
V.I.P Member
LucyPurrs submitted a new resource:

Emotional Intelligence Course - How to manage emotions

I took this course and highly recommend it. The instructor has an Asperger's Diagnosis and has a website called Asperger's from the Inside on which he has put many excellent videos.

I ( Paul Micallef) would like to announce the dates of the next 4-week Autism Friendly Online Emotional Intelligence Course below:
Course Commencement: Sunday 21st January 8:30am Melbourne Time (i.e. AEDT, GMT +11)This time will hopefully be more convenient starting at 4:30pm Saturday afternoon in New York, and...

Read more about this resource...

i always wondered about those kinds of classes

i've learned how to detect and react to emotions,
it is faking though and articificial to a large degree as well as extremely tiring
and some people pick up on it anyway

do you need to feel the emotions to be emotionally intelligent?
or is it just detection and knowing how to react appropriately?

i always wondered about those kinds of classes

i've learned how to detect and react to emotions,
it is faking though and articificial to a large degree as well as extremely tiring
and some people pick up on it anyway

do you need to feel the emotions to be emotionally intelligent?
or is it just detection and knowing how to react appropriately?

This course will teach you how to identify your own emotions as well as other people's emotions. I didn't feel there was anything fake about it and keep in mind it is being taught by an Aspie for other Aspie's.

Sounds great. Sounds like something everyone should learn.

Just because NTs "react appropriately" doesn't mean their reactions are appropriate.

Sounds great. Sounds like something everyone should learn.

Just because NTs "react appropriately" doesn't mean their reactions are appropriate.

Paul is great. Very articulate and intelligent and he has put together a well organized course. I love his videos too. And just because someone is an NT doesn't mean they're perfect by a long shot, at least this one isn't and we also sometimes don't know how to react to others.

This course will teach you how to identify your own emotions as well as other people's emotions. I didn't feel there was anything fake about it and keep in mind it is being taught by an Aspie for other Aspie's.

sorry, i didn't want to imply that the course is fake, i was just explaining that i fake emotions, and i was curious if the course actually helped 'experience' the emotions

sorry, i didn't want to imply that the course is fake, i was just explaining that i fake emotions, and i was curious if the course actually helped 'experience' the emotions
It might help you identify the emotions we all experience. Emotions are physiological, feelings are psychological and the course will explain the difference. So everyone has emotions but not all can label their feelings.

I bought the book "Emotional Intellegience 2.0" which looks like the same thing, but only $20. The book comes with an assessment, which goes over Self Awareness, Self Management, Social Awareness, Social Management. The assessment will give you scores in all 4 areas, it tells you which one to work on first (and by applying the one quadrants, the rest will also increase with score), and then it gives you 3 tactics to work on first. I have been doing this for a month and it is helpful.

I have to work on Social Management (Relationship Management) first. Tactics are:
1. Be Open and curious about others. Ask questions about them and their lives. This will help build a relationship, but also helps you understand them and their struggles more for better working relationship and getting projects done effectively.
2. Don't avoid the inevitable. Instead of shutting down, be prepared to have those tough conversation and be open to understand their side.
3. Acknowledge the other persons feelings. Instead of wanting to get straight to business, ask them how they are and also try to read their postures and face to see if now if a good time to approach them about work, or be kind and ask about how they are...Offering help to them

I recommend this book as well

It might help you identify the emotions we all experience. Emotions are physiological, feelings are psychological and the course will explain the difference. So everyone has emotions but not all can label their feelings.

thanks for clarifying :)

ah but supposedly i have repressed mine to the point that i am not actively aware of them,
but they manifest themselves through sleeping and stress issues as well as through psychosomatic pain

New Threads

Top Bottom