• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Embarrassing stories..

lovely_darlingprettybaby

V.I.P Member
I do not have any expect most thing I do seek to embarrass me somehow and someone is laughing in my face when it is not even funny
Some stuff is terrible.
But I am talking about little cute embarrassing stories that you can feel happy sharing

I thought I recognized a friend standing at the snack counter at a movie theater. I gave him a light kick in the butt and said "Hello stranger". When he turned around, it was a stranger.

One hot afternoon in the last class of the day in highschool, the English teacher was droning on, reading some literature or poem. The whole class was in a daze, Those against the wall, leaning against it, eyes half closed.

I feel asleep, fell forward and made a loud bang when my face hit the desk. I bounced off my desk and onto the floor. I then floundered for a moment, completely bewildered, like a trapped squid, my legs still tangled in the deak.. I was sitting in the exact middle of class.

Everyone had jumped startled at the loud sudden sound, but now were laughing hysterically. Except the teacher, sitting on his desk, face expressionless, right in front of me, cold hard eyes seething inside.

On a train with my husband and both got out ( naturally, after the train had stopped) and I turned around; hugged him and immediately realised it was not my husband, not got out just behind me, as I thought. The stranger was lovely and laughed, but I was MORTIFIED. Now, I find it funny.

When I was in 8th Grade we did a production of “A Child’s Xmas in Wales,” and I played Mr. Prothero. I didn’t realize it at the time, but at one point while I was standing in the background I scratched my balls (or the area near there). It showed in the video of the performance. As mean as the other students were, they commented and laughed.

One time at work when I had to go to a different building owned by the same company, I got there and tapped in the security code but the door wouldn't open. I carefully tried again and again but it just wouldn't open. So I phoned my supervisor and said that the door wouldn't open even though I was tapping in the correct code. So he came in his car and when he did it the door opened. Turned out I had been tapping in the right code but was turning the knob the wrong way, which was why the door wasn't opening. It didn't seem to occur to me at the time to try turning the knob the other way. I kept just turning it one way and assuming it was broken or something.

You can just imagine how embarrassed I felt, especially that my supervisor had to stop what he was doing at work and drive all the way there. I know what he's like as well, he doesn't really have much patience for other people making mistakes (even though he makes careless mistakes all the time), so he probably called me a dopey ***** to the others. Oh, well, I guess he wasn't wrong. I can be dopey.

When I first started trying to date, I dated this girl that got her words mixed up a lot. We were in line at a fast food place, it was a bit crowded, but it was oddly quiet. I wasn't going to eat anything, just wanted a drink, and so I told her to just get whatever, I was fine with it. Now, what she meant to say was..."I'm not going to just sit and eat in front of you." What she actually said (and it was heard by everyone) was... "I'm not going to just sit there and watch you eat me." The whole place got even quieter, she realized what she said, started laughing a ton...but I was probably red as could be. I felt amazingly uncomfortable and embarrassed. We actually both got food, we dined in at this place, and the people from behind the counter kept coming over to check on us a few times (guys). I kept having to give them looks and shew them off.

Yes, l asked a lady when her due date was, and was told nicely she wasn't preggies. I tried to pour oil down little spout where dip stick resides, finally l stopped and figured out my mistake. Omg, the list is endless, and this forum may just ban me for stupidity alone. Lol

Pooped my pants on a safari with my grandparents, uncle and his girlfriend in the car with me. I was 18.

And that's not even my most embarrassing story.

I feel embarrassed even writing this, but one time I was walking with my mum down an alley, and she wanted to run (she could be quite sporty). I didn't want to run, so I made out I had the runs (don't ask why), and I yelled it out, thinking there was nobody around being in an alley. But there were two young boys playing behind a tree, and they peeped round as we ran by with me yelling such stupid things. They probably laughed to each other about me and most likely told all their friends about it the next day at school.

Cringe! Never, ever be yourself in public, even if you think nobody's around to see or hear you, there's a 99% chance that somebody will be.

One time at work when I had to go to a different building owned by the same company, I got there and tapped in the security code but the door wouldn't open. I carefully tried again and again but it just wouldn't open. So I phoned my supervisor and said that the door wouldn't open even though I was tapping in the correct code. So he came in his car and when he did it the door opened. Turned out I had been tapping in the right code but was turning the knob the wrong way, which was why the door wasn't opening. It didn't seem to occur to me at the time to try turning the knob the other way. I kept just turning it one way and assuming it was broken or something.

You can just imagine how embarrassed I felt, especially that my supervisor had to stop what he was doing at work and drive all the way there. I know what he's like as well, he doesn't really have much patience for other people making mistakes (even though he makes careless mistakes all the time), so he probably called me a dopey ***** to the others. Oh, well, I guess he wasn't wrong. I can be dopey.
I can be as well
I may be very smart but I can be dopey as well

I can be as well
I may be very smart but I can be dopey as well
I am perceived as absent-minded and "scatty" in most of my mannerisms. And I admit I am, as my ADHD can make me forgetful and disorganised, which to NTs can look "dumb" (I don't mean we are dumb so please don't take offense lol). My impulsivities can make me seem dumb too, when I say or do stupid things without knowing the facts first. That's how I got bullied on another forum (by NDs!)

I am perceived as absent-minded and "scatty" in most of my mannerisms. And I admit I am, as my ADHD can make me forgetful and disorganised, which to NTs can look "dumb" (I don't mean we are dumb so please don't take offense lol). My impulsivities can make me seem dumb too, when I say or do stupid things without knowing the facts first. That's how I got bullied on another forum (by NDs!)

I am very intelligent and I can be the same.
I can do and say stupid things and people can not take me seriously which is hard when I am very smart.
I can try to relate facts and intelligent information and look stupid because I say it all wrong or only can explain it in my way or cannot remember it all.
I am smarter than some smart men and yet their brains can relay facts better
And then remember so much in such a vivid way where i will forget a lot of it but know what it means sometimes.

I am very intelligent and I can be the same.
I can do and say stupid things and people can not take me seriously which is hard when I am very smart.
I can try to relate facts and intelligent information and look stupid because I say it all wrong or only can explain it in my way or cannot remember it all.
I am smarter than some smart men and yet their brains can relay facts better
And then remember so much in such a vivid way where i will forget a lot of it but know what it means sometimes.
I'm sure you are intelligent. :)

I remember one time when I was in college, there was a girl in my group who had dyspraxia and her hands often shook when she was doing things, causing her to be very clumsy. I became fascinated by her, and wanted to have dyspraxia myself. So I often shook my hands when doing things - NOT to mock her though, I just thought she was cool.
But after a catering class we were asked to stack the chairs, so I very clumsily threw my chair on top of the other already stacked chairs, causing it to crash off and nearly hit the tutor. The tutor shouted at me in the echoey room: "that nearly hit me! You should know better about safety, we've been learning about safety all term!" And I suddenly felt silly and wished I had just not pretended to have dyspraxia and could just accept myself.

When I was four I didn’t know that calling someone fat was mean and rude and I told a family friend that she was fat. I’m pretty sure she felt a bit embarrassed by this but she never really held it against me because I was only four at the time. My abuser however never let it go and kept reminding me constantly of how I said this and acted as if it was another reason why I was “bad.” I mean give me a break. I was FOUR. I didn’t even know how to count to ten or even say the alphabet. Do you really think that I’m going to automatically know my manners and what is considered to be rude at that age?

When I was four I didn’t know that calling someone fat was mean and rude and I told a family friend that she was fat. I’m pretty sure she felt a bit embarrassed by this but she never really held it against me because I was only four at the time. My abuser however never let it go and kept reminding me constantly of how I said this and acted as if it was another reason why I was “bad.” I mean give me a break. I was FOUR. I didn’t even know how to count to ten or even say the alphabet. Do you really think that I’m going to automatically know my manners and what is considered to be rude at that age?
I hate when people keep bringing up something you made years ago, and you were 4 years old. It's normal for even NT children at that age to be blunt. When my NT cousin was 4 he was in a quiet waiting-room with his dad (there were a lot of people in there but was stone quiet). My cousin went to kiss his dad but then shouted "Daddy, your breath smells of poo!" The dad felt very embarrassed lol. But he forgave his son because he was only little at the time. They both laugh about it now, some 30 years later.

When I was in 8th Grade we did a production of “A Child’s Xmas in Wales,” and I played Mr. Prothero. I didn’t realize it at the time, but at one point while I was standing in the background I scratched my balls (or the area near there). It showed in the video of the performance. As mean as the other students were, they commented and laughed.
People found my post funny. Should I be flattered or more embarrassed?

New Threads

Top Bottom