• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

EIBI/ABA therapy

Justagal

Hi all. Not sure if I'm about to open a can of worms here, apologies if that's the case as it's not my intention.
I'm an aspie, from Australia and have recently worked as an ABA therapist. Here in Oz, ABA is quite strongly promoted and seen as a highly beneficial form of therapy with little negative said in regards to it. I stopped working as an ABA therapist as I felt it seemed a little 'slap the Autism out of the child' (not literally speaking of course!). I voiced my concern multiple times before leaving and was met with blank looks by the other psychologists. I'm curious as to whether my perception of ABA may have been skewed being an aspie myself, or if others have felt similarly about ABA therapy. Am also curious to hear from anyone from the US who may have worked in, or experienced ABA therapy as from what I've read the therapy might be a little different between the two countries. Any insights would be much appreciated.

New Threads

Top Bottom