• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Easily captivated/mesmerized by "soft" or "gentle" female voices?

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
As a guy, I don't mind talking to females at all.

But on occasion I'll freak it like I explained in my "System Failure" post, and someone like Heather will help me settle down.

Her voice though...it's like, she talks and I lose the ability to walk away from her.

I would ask her out but...she's...um...you know. Into *other* people. (I'm afraid to say *that* word on here.) Besides I already have a crush on someone else.

Then a couple days ago, while I was on my phone on the couch, my sister was on the computer and I heard her start singing. I don't know what she was singing but all of a sudden it was like I couldn't move. My mind's like "oh my, what an angelic voice. Just lay there, man."

I wanted to fall asleep to it, even.

Hopefully I'm not the only one with such a submissive mind...

Nope. You ever listen to female vocalists? I get a similar feeling like that listening to them.

As a guy, I don't mind talking to females at all.

But on occasion I'll freak it like I explained in my "System Failure" post, and someone like Heather will help me settle down.

Her voice though...it's like, she talks and I lose the ability to walk away from her.

I would ask her out but...she's...um...you know. Into *other* people. (I'm afraid to say *that* word on here.) Besides I already have a crush on someone else.

Then a couple days ago, while I was on my phone on the couch, my sister was on the computer and I heard her start singing. I don't know what she was singing but all of a sudden it was like I couldn't move. My mind's like "oh my, what an angelic voice. Just lay there, man."

I wanted to fall asleep to it, even.

Hopefully I'm not the only one with such a submissive mind...
psychologically a high pitch is meant to be a warning or an alert ,what you call soothing is meant to be just that ,it’s also probably an instinct to be nurtured ,The brain is probably preset to react that way to a low pitched female voice, which would come from a female Who is going to feed you , I don’t react very well to soprano (male or female )voices ,they have to be bass or tenor,if a female isn’t singing and is Low pitched and calm it’s different ,A calm ,low pitched ,kind male voice could probably !do the same thing!.

I react to both that way.
There is one man who has a voice that soothes me to the point of peaceful sleep
and one woman that does make me feel nurtured.
They both instill the feeling of the peace I long for.
Emmett Miller - relaxation meditations and Enya

Yeah, I get this - some female voices are just so calming - nothing weird or sexual, just extremely comforting to hear.

On a kind-of related note, I have recently discovered ASMR... google it, its soo good.

Spotify.... ASMR Sleep Station as a podcast - the best thing to fall asleep to in the whole wide world!!

Interesting. Nope, can't say I have any such reaction to voices and their tones. Though certain accents can occasionally grate on my ears.

New Threads

Top Bottom