• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dsm-v

freewaydog

I am very upset, frustrated, & stressed out about the new upcoming decision that will be in the new manual, when they take away Asperger's. That means that they will only give services to whom are considered on the "Low end of the spectrum" and not to whom are considered on the "High end". My services that I am working so hard to get will be taken away from me & whatever I am trying to get into will not happen. :(

Even if it does not have a name... if by means of employment amongst other things you can't function like any NT person, I don't see that big of a difference there.

For what it's worth, if you are struggling with a lot things now, chances are you might be struggling with them when DSM V hits, and slim chances are they're gonna put it off like "meh, no big deal". I wouldn't worry about it for now. I think a lot of developmental disorders that are on that "low end" might be the same at the "high end"... there's minor differences that set them apart.

New Threads

Top Bottom