• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Driving

DaisyRose

V.I.P Member
Oh my goodness, I just drove to the gas station. I thought I was going to suck. Especially, since I haven’t drove in ages. Everything I’ve learned was still there. I did a way better job that I thought I would. I’m proud of this small accomplishment.

Oh my goodness, I just drove to the gas station. I thought I was going to suck. Especially, since I haven’t drove in ages. Everything I’ve learned was still there. I did a way better job that I thought I would. I’m proud of this small accomplishment.
As long as you didn't return home with a nozzle dangling from the fuel door. ;)

LOL...it happens, as seen in a few videos. Oh well, happy travels!!

As long as you didn't return home with a nozzle dangling from the fuel door. ;)

LOL...it happens, as seen in a few videos. Oh well, happy travels!!
Oh no I would definitely check that. We didn’t get gas we went to get lottery tickets.

Oh no I would definitely check that. We didn’t get gas we went to get lottery tickets.
How big is it this week? :cool:

I have to drive quite a ways to get a lottery ticket across the state line. The building where they disperse the tickets is split right down the middle of the border. Where the counter is in California, but the customer area is in Nevada. Go figure...

How big is it this week? :cool:

I have to drive quite a ways to get a lottery ticket across the state line.
My mom said it was big. Both my parents get lottery tickets all the time. I don’t really care about lottery tickets that much.

My mom said it was big. Both my parents get lottery tickets all the time. I don’t really care about lottery tickets that much.
I suspect it just isn't my karma to win a lottery....lol. Oh well.

Same thing happens to me every time, I haven't owned a car for quite a few years now. There's not much need of one where I live and if I want to go somewhere on occasion I just hire a car, so I'm only driving once or twice a year. Every time I get behind the wheel I feel nervous about moving out in to the traffic but within seconds all the old habits are back.

Well done, Daisy! Sometimes the biggest challenge is confronting anxiety and getting started. Glad you had a good experience and a gaining more confidence in reaching this goal you have!

7-77098_clip-art-cartoon-car-on-road-cat-in.png

Congratulations you should be proud :)
I wish I could drive again too, I think I would remember how.
I can still touch type.

Thank you to everyone who responded to my thread! You are all awesome and amazing people. Y’all are fabulous.

New Threads

Top Bottom