• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dream Interpretations

Misfate

An isolated cloud in the sky
Hello everyone ! It's been quite a while since I've been active on this forum, but I'm back! First, of my own accord, let me quickly justify my absence: I've been going through much trouble in self-actualization lately which has been damaging my self-esteem. Lately, I've decided to see a clinical psychiatrist to help me with my troubles, and I have been improving ever since. Basically, I have to keep the child me, the adolescent me, and the adult me in harmony, or at least 2:1 with the adult on the winning side. I switched from aiming at a bachelors degree to an associates which, while subconsciously feeling demotivational, I know was rhe right choice.

Anyways, all of that aside, in this thread I wish for people to share their dreams and their interpretations of them. If you can, share multiple ones! And they don't only have to be recent ones either: if you have a dream from 13 years ago that's still fresh in your mind, feel free to mention it, and tell us how you felt about it then and feel about it now; and feel free to come back again to share more of your dreams!

As for me, this morning, just before I woke, I had a dream of moving out of my home (which is funny, because I just moved back in from the dorms). As my mother said "get ready J'Neal, " [which is my name, and thinking about it now, I don'know why I didn't just use that as my username? [I mean c'mon: what are the odds that there's another J'Neal here, name coming from Jr. and Neal?]) I distinctly remember feeling nervous, but ready, as my life would change, but I welcomed it. I believe that this dream represents my passage from adolescence to adulthood, as I am becoming mature and accepting responsibilities and, most importantly, accepting myself.

Last night, I had a dream of playing basketball, jumping as if it were low gravity and slam dunking. Of course, this dream befuddled me completly, as I have never played basketball and couldn't decrypt any meaning from it, so I looked online for answers, getting one from dreammoods:

Basketball To dream that you are playing basketball indicates teamwork and cooperation. There is a situation in your waking life where you will need the cooperation and assistance of others in order to achieve a common goal. Perhaps you are standing in the way of your own progress and need to ask for help.

To see a basketball in your dream suggests that you need to make the first move. You also need to concentrate and focus on your goals.

I find that this fits quite accurately, as I am beginning to work towards my goals through communication and time management, seeking counseling of self aprehension, and keeping records of my self analysis in diary and blog entries.

I used to have selective mutism; I only talked to a couple of good friends and my mum.
So I had some dream one night where a teacher asked me something, and I started talking. And everyone in the class was like "oh my gosh, wow! :D" and they all started cheering. I thought "ha, as if! I'll never be capable of that." A funny thing though is that I've had a few people in class come up to me and say "hey, I had this weird dream last night where you were talking to everyone in class."
To make a pretty long story short, that dream became reality. :D
Took me thousands upon thousands of failed attempts before I finally nailed it. :p I am still learning new things when it comes to speech but, I am way better at it now than I ever thought I would be. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom