• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone on here study Universal Law or Constructs?

Chance

"all who wander are not lost" - Tolkien
V.I.P Member
I'm sticking my neck out a little here but it is what it is, and I don't know who to ask...
I have no personal Guru to consult, and Universal Law agents or offices just aren't around most corners... Plus all the greats of history that I study, are long past dead... : )

This is not going to be for everyone, maybe for NO ONE here and I get that...
Nor is this some comparison to some other "beliefs"...

I get that many others are Christians and I respect that more than most can even imagine. Never think I don't like Christianity or JESUS... Not the case at all, but not anything close to what I am trying to discuss or figure out. I KNOW the Bible, the history of the the Bible, and the TEACHINGS of JESUS that the churches respectfully overlook to even exist... Not where I want to go, or what this is about at any level.

I don't like to talk politics or religion period... However, I ask the title question in earnest...

There is something I am trying to "grasp" "understand" and it will take a person who studies this... to help me maybe "get it."

No one needs to even post on this publicly... Its not about being proud or outspoken, or letting the cat out of the bag on what people believe, or don't beleive... That is very private to most people and I get this. You can PM me instead of posting if you have something I need to try.

Its a simple situation (its not like I am practicing voodoo or witchcraft - not even close), but making it real isn't so simple for me. I know there is a "trick" (really wrong word) to make my brain switch, but I haven't been able to find it. I try very hard, maybe too hard.

I left this question on some websites, but they only gave the the same vague things I can read anywhere "try Yoga, try meditation, get Zen, cut heads off chickens and hang them on your porch... I'm totally lying on the chickens... : )

I know there is something more, maybe something so simple, but I cant find how to use it... Maybe my ASD is blocking it in some way?

Universal Law is "tricky" (another horribly bad word choice)... Its often the opposite of what is sought after (in the ways we think)... Because of the ways modern people are taught to think and the negative stuff we fill our heads with...

But there is a thought process that has to be obtained to ever gain access to where I need to go, and its like some big secret that no one can explain in words.

I know it exists. I see it in action all around me, but me doing it is like a fly caught in a spider web of countless thoughts I cant shut down... How do I shut them down? How do I switch from these countless negative facts, unto a more positive mindset?

I try to meditate... That so far that is a really sick joke. I try mindfulness and gratitude and these bad thoughts just jump in like little devils that cant allow this to happen. I know it happens to lots of people, but I know lots of people find ways to "control" (another sucky word) the bad thoughts...

Basically this isn't even a "religious" question... Its a LIFE question that just happens to relate to something I truly want to understand spiritually. As a person with ASD, it might not be possible, and I also sort of get that, but hope there is a way to overcome it.

If you have something I need to learn on shutting down these massive thoughts... UNIVERSAL LAW or not... I would appreciate the advice... Its like all these word pictures just start flashing in my head and it goes to crap really fast. I get frustrated and that right there takes me the opposite direction of where I truly want to go...

I can do it with music, but get lost in the music and lose all tracks of thought period and usually fall asleep really fast. If could "catch" that place right where the switch happens... I would have the answer to my own question...

So its often one extreme to the next, and I know there is a "balance" in there somewhere. : )
In that "balance" is this spot where our minds are more powerful than we can possible imagine. I get glimpses, but thats it...

People like Tesla, Einstein and many others they mastered this... They found the "switch" and when they did...

Well history speaks for itself. Today people are still unraveling the massive concepts Tesla had years before they happened, and still implementing stuff he didn't even have the technology to even try...

I know in this mush melon there is cool stuff locked away... I need the key to my own head so to speak but that key is a thought process (more like a combination) instead of a key...

And yes Fridge... I am anxiously awaiting your undoubtably complicated funny response...
And please don't tell me to go find a Gypsy with a crystal ball, she will just run away screaming... : )

There's a song by Van Morrison called 'enlightenment'
Non attachment.

But there is a thought process that has to be obtained to ever gain access to where I need to go, and its like some big secret that no one can explain in words

What man by thought can raise one cubit to his stature? Jesus.
Meaning its not a thought process but putting thought in its place.
A tool.
Like a hammer and a nail. Using thought as the choice to define what you need it to be.

I know in this mush melon there is cool stuff locked away... I need the key to my own head so to speak but that key is a thought process (more like a combination) instead of a key..

My feel is you are letting out what is inside,maybe you don't realise..

If you have something I need to learn on shutting down these massive thoughts... UNIVERSAL LAW or not... I would appreciate the advice... Its like all these word pictures just start flashing in my head and it goes to crap really fast. I get frustrated and that right there takes me the opposite direction of where I truly want to go...

I wonder if what you're in is a hamster wheel. That endless chase but hamster is in the same place.
Maybe like john lennons meditation, watching the wheels go round and round... i just love to watch them roll.

The key may be non attachment, and not trying to stop it.

There's a song by Van Morrison called 'enlightenment'
Non attachment.

What man by thought can raise one cubit to his stature? Jesus.
Meaning its not a thought process but putting thought in its place.
A tool.
Like a hammer and a nail. Using thought as the choice to define what you need it to be.

My feel is you are letting out what is inside,maybe you don't realise..

I wonder if what you're in is a hamster wheel. That endless chase but hamster is in the same place.
Maybe like john lennons meditation, watching the wheels go round and round... i just love to watch them roll.

The key may be non attachment, and not trying to stop it.

Okay this makes sense actually... When I wasn't expecting it too...

Its my whole perspective of it... Tool instead of a process I understand and this is good.

Hamster wheel I severely understand... not sure how to handle it sometimes...

Now how to un-attach and turn it into a tool... Its a start and it makes very good sense.
So maybe its okay if the thoughts race, as long as I do not get hung up in them...
More like somehow "observe" them or move past them?

Thank you... It makes a lot of sense in how you explained it. I think?
I will try this... Its a different approach so that is good.

They say insanity is to do the same thing over and over expecting different results...
Thats what I'm trying to do is try different things to get to a result I want to understand.

In this case its not like prayer (which to me is always fine) but its totally different concept, on a totally different thought plane. So few teach on this and never answer emails it seems, so its not easy getting any information at all... and yes some people (just like anything else) exploit what they know to their own benefit... I already figured that one out as well.

Thanks Fridge... : )

Okay this makes sense actually... When I wasn't expecting it too...

Its my whole perspective of it... Tool instead of a process I understand and this is good.

Hamster wheel I severely understand... not sure how to handle it sometimes...

Now how to un-attach and turn it into a tool... Its a start and it makes very good sense.
So maybe its okay if the thoughts race, as long as I do not get hung up in them...
More like somehow "observe" them or move past them?

Thank you... It makes a lot of sense in how you explained it. I think?
I will try this... Its a different approach so that is good.

They say insanity is to do the same thing over and over expecting different results...
Thats what I'm trying to do is try different things to get to a result I want to understand.

In this case its not like prayer (which to me is always fine) but its totally different concept, on a totally different thought plane. So few teach on this and never answer emails it seems, so its not easy getting any information at all... and yes some people (just like anything else) exploit what they know to their own benefit... I already figured that one out as well.

Thanks Fridge... : )

Well the van Morrison song is worth ten consecutive listens. And contains a koan..
An ironical song only if you consider the guy is one irascible,angry type. At least he was!

Well the van Morrison song is worth ten consecutive listens. And contains a koan..
An ironical song only if you consider the guy is one irascible,angry type. At least he was!

I've never heard the song (i don't think) I will look it up...

There's the old phrase..

As a man thinks so he becomes...

I translate as
Anything you think can be changed.
If it doesnt work dont think it.

Mindfulness,non attachment are awareness tools towards the goal.

I never heard that before its really good... I looked him up on wiki... He has done a lot even "knighted" wow... He figured something out and has used his LIFE for a purpose... Maybe PURPOSE is what I seek most.

"One hand clapping" pretty cool : )

Anything you think can be changed.
If it doesnt work dont think it.

this is my little devil... I get hung up stuff and dwell on it even saying I don't want to think about it, only to catch myself a few minutes later thinking the same thing over and over...

I think this is maybe part of ASD... I just think and think and try to dissect it and think and I have to consciously catch myself to even think about trying to stop this madness and even then (if I have no answer that makes sense) its not easy to shut this stuff down... But I know it can be done...

Wow I have Van Morrison playing on You tube... Thats so different but he sings good songs... just maybe a generation before me I guess, but still very good so far... : )

this is my little devil... I get hung up stuff and dwell on it even saying I don't want to think about it, only to catch myself a few minutes later thinking the same thing over and over...

I think this is maybe part of ASD... I just think and think and try to dissect it and think and I have to consciously catch myself to even think about trying to stop this madness and even then (if I have no answer that makes sense) its not easy to shut this stuff down... But I know it can be done...

Wow I have Van Morrison playing on You tube... Thats so different but he sings good songs... just maybe a generation before me I guess, but still very good so far... : )

Well its okay to get hung up on stuff too. As long as you can laugn at yourself, makes things easier.

But Van, very diverse and talented. Astral weeks was the one the hippies were all into in 1968.
Enlightenment album was in the 90s

New Threads

Top Bottom