• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone else ever worry about being made fun of for your special interests?

One of my brothers is into photography and science he has a dark room in his basement. My dad liked photography
cannot say he was good at it.

One of my brothers is into photography and science he has a dark room in his basement. My dad liked photography
cannot say he was good at it.
It doesn't matter if you are good if it gives you comfort and peace. For all my interest, 24/7 for a while, I was never more than passably good.

My brother is quite artistic with his pictures has a good eye likes black and white , not into digital likes the chemicals. He also collects old cameras.

Does anyone else ever worry about being made fun of for your special interests?​

I stopped worrying about it when I was a teenager. I figured it was their loss not sharing the interest

Sometimes I worry people are going to think I'm a "Disney Adult" from seeing me wear T-Shirts or carrying bags with Disney cartoons on them. I read on Google that Disney Adults are not only seen as immature and childish, but the most terrifying people in the world.

That's right, forget about serial killers or corrupt world leaders, if you're seen carrying a purse with Tinkerbell on it you may as well be carrying a machine gun. Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Don't Disney Adults shoot candy at people from the clock tower of Cinderella's Castle?

My main special interest is physics I do not talk about it. got interested in covid when I left hospital after
stroke could not get me to shut up during the shutdown. hard to ignore. When what I was stating starts being correct, print out my statistical charts check for yourself, fake data check for yourself. what is your hypothesis do not waste my time with conspiracy crap. Either way everything is documented on this site made no attempt to hide it
Even predicted when it would go endemic, off by two days. One friend you know more than any government you should be working for someone even the experts' models were not as good as what they thought they were seeing.
Just basic simple statistics. Other than this I have basically moved on not interested further on this subject. See my avatar. at work guests would laugh during a tour our guy would state they stopped laughing a longtime ago.

Last edited:
I used to be afraid to talk about DND around others if I didn't think they were nerdy or different. Now, I do not care so long as I think they will listen; I will often talk about certain things even if I think it is stupid to them. Like this week, I was happy about my new cargo pants. These pants are extremely versatile, flexible, and made of soothing yet resilient material. I wanted cargo pants because I wear cargo shorts too long, even when it is almost freezing outside - but I must have extra pockets for all my things. I also like the freedom I feel with shorts (because I am, among other things, a martial artist) that, if given the right situation, allow me to properly kick or kneel. These pants allow me this freedom and surprisingly more comfort than my shorts because they are partially elastic, providing a light pressure that aids my anxiety. So I have a comforting pressure and increased flexibility and keep my six pockets. While I hope I never need this particular function of them (because I first and foremost I focus on de-escalation and strategic withdrawal), I feel better knowing that I can. I didn't expect to be so hyped up about pants.

Anyway, I kept talking even though I knew people probably weren't interested in my new clothes. If I don't speak about what's on my mind, I know I will suffer mentally and emotionally. - so if it isn't going to harm anybody and they will at least try and converse with me back, then I will share it. From facts about bats to school work to new things I've learned this week to useless movie facts to my coworker who doesn't see movies very often - I try to engage even if I think they might make fun of it. At least with the daily people I see.

I don't do this with some of my family because I know they will either judge me or degrade me in their eyes. Even though they love me they find me childish and offputting because it was cute when I was 11, but now that I'm almost 30, it is weird or creepy to them. So I mask and emotionally withdraw until I can find a topic - any topic - I know about so I can contribute to the adult conversation rather than my specialized hobbies and interests.

I can take about almost anything why I like hanging with family a bunch of encyclopedias conversing. My sons love it as I Did as a kid, dad's brothers.

New Threads

Top Bottom