• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you use "Sensory Toys"?

Aspie_With_Attitude

V.I.P Member

Do you use sensory toys to relax, self regulate or just for purposes of stimming?

What kind of sensory toys do you use?

How do you use the sensory toys?

I love the squishy worm! Lol
I usually use bubble wrap actually! But I really like anything squishy too.
Your video is great!!

I use a stretchy noodle that's tied to my car keys. It helps me fidget without causing discomfort to my fingers or wrist, which I would fidget with otherwise.

No not really.
I have a set of prayer/fidget/worry beads in my pocket but rarely use them

Looking to get some chew toys, would buy dog chew toys for myself.
At the moment pencils, highlighters, etc do not last very long

I have several ball chain fidget toys & a couple of small metal locking connectors (don’t know what they’re called) in my pocket. They’re like tiny double carabiners with 2 locking gates. Fun.

It’s not exactly in the stim toy category, but organizing supplies, preparing and cooking food is definitely a calming, steadying stim for me.

Last edited:
I have tried a few but they can be costly. I tried the fidget spinner I got bored with it fast. I also have tried the cube but it’s boring to me. I also tried the pop it thing but it’s only good one way, it’s harder to push it the other way.. so I don’t see the point.
I do love liquid timers, if that counts as a “toy”. In 2000 mum bought a black one and a red one. They were tall. They looked near identical to this without the light. Lighted Liquid Timer relieves stress - Order from PlayopolisToys Might still have them but they don’t last long anymore I think the liquid must’ve dried. I do have one mum picked up years ago but it lasts about 20 seconds and then stops.
In 2000 mum also got this Aquarium Liquid Timer |
Which may still be around but it doesn’t work well.

in 2011 I got one like this one
Blue Wheel Slide Liquid Timer |
which is somewhere around

I have this penguin one somewhere
Buy YoYa Toys Liquimo Penguin - Liquid Motion Bubbler for Kids and Adults - Penguin Theme - Satisfying Sensory Toys for Stress and Anxiety Relief - Fidget Toy Can Be Used as a Colorful Kitchen Timer Online in New Zealand. B07RQ8TTNT

I love the orb bubbleez. Have two I think. I have a tangle too which is ok.

My dream is to own more liquid timers and a mugen puchipuchi

Last edited:
I am a teeth grinder and it ruined my teeth so now I grind my dentures. Does that count as a chew toy?:p

I have a spinner ring that I love and I have a fidger spinner with poppits on the blades. I love that one. It's small enough for my pocket and the poppits pop back and forth nicely. I really just wanted a single pop poppit but no one makes one.
My kazoo is also very satisfying but no one else ever agrees.;)

I actually use fashion dolls as sensory toys on occasion. It’s mostly the hair but also sometimes the fabrics of the clothing. I like styling the hair and sometimes it feels really soft and I keep touching it.

I use things i randomly find (this can be anything things like a pen or soft rock) , my one blanket and i chew a lot on my lips.

New Threads

Top Bottom