• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you use sensory toys to manage stress levels?

I have stim toys. These days they are explicitly used as stim toys, including a number of them that my wife made for me using strands and beads and that I use frequently while working, walking or even relaxing at home. Others are perhaps not originally for stimming, but I use for that purpose, such as my wedding ring, which is 3 interlocked gold bands which roll smoothly over each other very satisfyingly.

It also appears that I use my keyboard as a stim toy - when I get stressed, I tend to write very dense emails at speed!
I have stim toys. These days they are explicitly used as stim toys, including a number of them that my wife made for me using strands and beads and that I use frequently while working, walking or even relaxing at home. Others are perhaps not originally for stimming, but I use for that purpose, such as my wedding ring, which is 3 interlocked gold bands which roll smoothly over each other very satisfyingly.

It also appears that I use my keyboard as a stim toy - when I get stressed, I tend to write very dense emails at speed!

When I get stressed, I do my Blog (to which there's a link in my signature on here).

I don't have any specific stim toys, but I do have a switchblade key for my car, & I often play with that in my pocket. Also when I'm on the computer reading, I very rapidly click & highlight the text for some reason. Actually started annoying my neighbors at work till they got me a soft-click mouse...

Squishy squeeze toys, and rubber dog toys (some squeak too) are my thing. I want to get a silicon necklace for chewing because I am going through intense stress these days.I also chew gum daily, but my favorite has been discontinued- Orbit Cinnamon Gum- and that is really missed.

I have SO many fidgets. My (prbly...) NT best friend loves them too and I always give him new ones. I have TONS

I chew a lot, used to have a proper chewie thingy but I ripped it to shreds, now I have a cat toy.
I also bought a really cheap mouse with a bell that I recently lost. I would pet it or shake the bell. It was a cat toy.
I had a necklace with a spinner ring, I'd fiddle with it, shake it so it make noise, or stick it in my mouth. I lost it. (I think I'm noticing some trends here)
Other than that, I fiddle with or chew on random items like coins, jacket strings, whatever is in my pocket. I tried the tangle but it was too big for me and made my fingers hurt.

New Threads

Top Bottom