• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you pick grass?

I haven't done this in a long while. But yes. This is something I've done at various different times of my life.

There is something unusually calming about picking it and just giving it a good lob. Even if it doesn't go far. Decently grown grass is the best for this. It's kinda hard to do it with short, cut, grass.

Unless you want to throw the left over clippings around like confetti, that is. ;)

Grass and I have a runny nose kind of relationship. It's complicated.
I get like that now too
And maybe even as a kid but that never stopped me from playing in hay bales or sitting on grass because I was a country girl.
I do get a bit sensitive now but I still sit on grass and pick it.
I think if you are not extremely sensitive it is good for the immune system to expose it
But I guess it is personal choice and how bad it gets

Um... yes? Are there people who don't do this? I've done it throughout my life, more as a child, less as an adult because I started "feeling sorry for the grass" and don't want to kill all that grass, but if I don't think then I still do it often. I never considered this an unusual thing. Is it?

Um... yes? Are there people who don't do this? I've done it throughout my life, more as a child, less as an adult because I started "feeling sorry for the grass" and don't want to kill all that grass, but if I don't think then I still do it often. I never considered this an unusual thing. Is it?
Highly unusual if you have allergies :)

Joking aside, no, I used to do it as a kid. Also, I mow my lawn. The grass "likes it" actually. So don't feel bad.

What I used to do with grass when I was a child
was make 'houses'/teepees for little guys to
live in. Either my dolls or individuals I could
pretend about.

Making the teepee by getting a good handful and
twirling/twisting it to a point, then shaping a doorway
for them to enter.

Didn't pull up grass and toss it.

Well if you mean a lawn, our "commanding officer" would have none of that.

After all, he planted it and we always had to take care of it. Seen with a strapping lad as an indentured servant.

481.JPG

Note the incredibly high rooftop antenna. Life before cable television. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I haven't sat on grass in a long time. I haven't touched grass in a long time either, even people are always saying you need to.

I have restored about 5 acres that I reclaimed from spotted loostrife. It is now growing Little Bluestem, Indian Grass, and Big Bluestem. The seed head stalks of Big Bluestem get to be around 7 feet high.

You can pick up Lyme disease carrying ticks just from sitting on grass these days.

I miss the 80s. I'd go camping and swimming and do all kinds of fun stuff in the summer back when no one worried about Lyme disease or West Nile Virus or Zika Virus or even really rabies, although we did get our pets vaccinated. I think wasps were the one insect you really had to worry about when out in nature. They'd build their nests underground and if you weren't careful you could step on one and get swarmed.

I also hated horse flies. Just seeing pictures of them up close gives me the creeps. Their proboscis is like a pair of scissors and when they bite and drink your blood it's really painful. And then there's the diseases they can transmit, like anthrax, but when I was a kid you were just bothered by a nasty stinging itching welt all day. Dirty little vampires... but at least you don't turn into one of them when they drink your blooood.
:)

New Threads

Top Bottom