• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you often go out of topic?

superboyian

Former Co-Owner
V.I.P Member
I've noticed that alot of people, even myself do is that we tend to get out of topic at times.
I'm just wondering, do you ever go out of topic?

Because me, I certainly do that alot when I'm interested and I then come out with something totally random. :p

Yeah I do quite a lot lol, oh well, can't hurt for the sake of interesting conversation. :)

I have noticed that people here tends to get out of the main topics once in a while. I myself try to be at the main topic. I have once noted the folks that "I think we are out if the main topic here, folks."

Yeah, I've been known to go off-topic from time to...
...coco pops...
Ah, I love those! :dribble: Cocoa Pops/Puffs, whatever you call them, they are awesome. Little balls of chocolatey goodness!

... time. :p

Yeah, I've been known to go off-topic from time to...

Ah, I love those! :dribble: Cocoa Pops/Puffs, whatever you call them, they are awesome. Little balls of chocolatey goodness!

... time. :p

Nah, man, cheerios is where it's at.

You guys need cereals like Vector. All these major sugar wheat generics will just make you hyper and they are NOT the part of the balanced diet they claim to me (I feel old for saying that, lol) Vector is a cereal made for athletes with health in mind and a taste to go with it. Nice granola chunks and such. It is all good.

What was the topic again?

While we're talking about cereal, I'd really like to voice that I enjoy special K cereal, but the "Special K diet" is baisically "eat chocolate protein to loose weight". I tried it for one week and I felt like all I was eating was chocolate for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. Don't get me wrong, I love chocolate, but it's probably not the healthiest way to lose weight (off-off-topic, that's the only diet I've ever tried. I tend to just try to be a "healthy eater" most of the time).

^Oh, you mean like that?

I guess it's just because one idea leads to another, and it's hard to prioritize what information to give to the person receiving your message (spoken, typed, gestured, etc). The vicious circle I fall into is that I say something, then need to clarify it, then add information to the clarification, then need to clarify the added information, etc. At some point my conversational partner jumps in and interjects something about the new information or the clarification, then of course, I feel the need to respond to his/her comment. Then I clarify, etc., and a conversation about physics homework becomes a conversation about the possibilities of ballet dancing on the moon.

I blame normal people. We Aspies are typically really good about keeping track of our conversational assumptions. It's all the dang normal people that require clarification and debate things that are totally common sense to us and get us off topic. I can't remember how many arguments I've been in where there were major deviations from the topic at hand where it was actually the victim of my verabl assualt that was changing the focus. =)

Something as totally 'random' as Communication? From where, in the cereal bowl, does it leap?

Communication amazes me. That alone is my dream tonight.

Something as totally 'random' as Communication? From where, in the cereal bowl, does it leap?

Communication amazes me. That alone is my dream tonight.

I don't know about you, but if I ever saw communication leap from my cereal bowl, I'd probably commit myself to an institution.

Just teasing.

^See, this is what gets me in trouble. And another reason I go off topic-I am an audial learner, but a visual processor. Thus, I hear a message and visualize it, typically in a fairly literal fashion.

Uh, you billow and I snap :).

Cereals are metaphysics everywhere in my mind.

You walk on my blue limits, Krisi, and, yes, we are communicating. Maybe the way little children and dogs do.

Teasing.

I don't know about you, but if I ever saw communication leap from my cereal bowl, I'd probably commit myself to an institution.

Just teasing.

^See, this is what gets me in trouble. And another reason I go off topic-I am an audial learner, but a visual processor. Thus, I hear a message and visualize it, typically in a fairly literal fashion.

You guys need cereals like Vector. All these major sugar wheat generics will just make you hyper and they are NOT the part of the balanced diet they claim to me (I feel old for saying that, lol) Vector is a cereal made for athletes with health in mind and a taste to go with it. Nice granola chunks and such. It is all good.

What was the topic again?

No offense, but that doesn't sound very appetizing to me, lol. :whistle: I have never found cereal makes me hyper. I don't eat sugar much as it is, so I am not worried about health issues related to it.

New Threads

Top Bottom