• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you like filling out forms?

lovely_darlingprettybaby

V.I.P Member
Like medical forms etc
Sometimes I think it gets boring but I do not mind doing something like that if it just occasionally
Do you like keeping your handwriting neat?
Do you like filling out forms where you can write about your whole medical history and the more detailed the better or menus.
Or like something about your interests or preferences?

No, I don't like forms, they get boring very fast for me.

When I have time I like to make my handwriting the best I can - my old manager told me I had very neat handwritting - I practised it a lot when I was younger, just writing the same again and again until I was happy with what it looked like :)

If I'm in a hurry when I write it just becomes so distorted that I can't even read it myself...

How about your handwriting @lovely_darlingprettybaby ?

I love filling out forms.

I keep my handwriting very neat.

I get frustrated when there is very little space available and you have to write outside the box or off the line.

I hate when I make mistakes on forms and if I can, I will start all over again on a new one.

A nicely filled out form is the prettiest thing. :blush:

I get frustrated when there is very little space available and you have to write outside the box or off the line.
Oh yes, I really don't like that either, it confuses me. Also those entry/customs forms when flying international, there is never enough space for my full name.
I hate when I make mistakes on forms and if I can, I will start all over again on a new one
It really depends on the length of the form for me - the chance of me not making a mistake is slimm, even in the 2nd or 3rd attempt - and I know that, so I usually say a few bad words to my self and move on :)

I adore filling out forms. I even ask my partner if I can fill out his forms for him. The more detailed, the better. I especially like those for medical history, because that's my field and my comfort zone.

No, I don't like forms, they get boring very fast for me.

When I have time I like to make my handwriting the best I can - my old manager told me I had very neat handwritting - I practised it a lot when I was younger, just writing the same again and again until I was happy with what it looked like :)

If I'm in a hurry when I write it just becomes so distorted that I can't even read it myself...

How about your handwriting @lovely_darlingprettybaby ?
Bad as hell when I'm hurried and I often like writing a lot.
When I was younger it was a lot neater.
And I try to make it neater now, it changes like the wind the style. Sometimes I put dots or hearts over the i's
I can touch type still too, a lot rusty now though since I learnt in high school.

Oh yes, I really don't like that either, it confuses me. Also those entry/customs forms when flying international, there is never enough space for my full name.

It really depends on the length of the form for me - the chance of me not making a mistake is slimm, even in the 2nd or 3rd attempt - and I know that, so I usually say a few bad words to my self and move on :)
I scribble it out and write over the top.
And also if I run out of space i try to fit it all in and just think they can read it anyway...it is their fault for not making enough space.

Like medical forms etc
Sometimes I think it gets boring but I do not mind doing something like that if it just occasionally
Do you like filling out forms where you can write about your whole medical history and the more detailed the better or menus.
I hate filling out forms with a vehemence usually reserved for Nazi war criminals. They are my bete noir.

Like medical forms etc

No, but I have extremely intense and focused musical tastes, to the point where I drive people crazy listening to about the same 300 songs, because that's pretty much the complete list of all of the songs that fascinate me. But, wow, do I like those specific songs. I tend to get used to how they arranged in the playlist, and I seldom shuffle them. Most music, even non-ambient music, to me, had might as well be ambient, unless it's one of those magic songs that tickles me in some undefinable way.

I don't like filling out forms. It helps that more of this can be done online prior to an appointment. My handwriting looks more like hieroglyphics than English.

I wonder what trait or tendency you're attempting to satisfy by filling out forms. Maybe it's just a way to feel a sense of progress. It's usually some sense of directionality or purpose in music that ends up advising whether it's interesting to me. Peculiarly enough, I later came to feel like music chose me in anticipation of some later purpose in my life, in anticipation of a story to narrate. It seemed like fate, and it's among the things that inspires my faith, and my sense of connectedness to it.

Fun forms- yes
Boring medical or legal forms- no

So definitely something more in line with interests and preferences.
I try to keep my handwriting neat but I'm not too happy with it a lot of time. I wish I could do the elegant perfect writing you see on screen.

Far too often, the writer of the survey can't imagine my situation, but neglects to have a "none of the above" option. Another common situation is if I'm asked what government agency I think should do better, but not how. If I answer yes, chances are that they will get more money to make the same mistakes with. It always feels somewhat Procrustean.

I find forms mind numbingly tedious. Even if it's something like the surveys that hoyoverse gives out for each version of honkai star rail and stuff.

Not only "NO!!!" but HECK NO!!!! It annoys me that there is never enough room in the space provided and places like a doctor's office ask the same questions that I've answered a dozen times before.

Yes, but only when I am completely out of shape. Then I cram myself into a form and bake it in the oven of uncertainty, until I come out freshly baked and ready to be served in a new way to myself.

Jokes aside. On occasion I like to fill out what can be considered a form by adding a new album on the website discogs.com, where everyone can be a member and participate in just that.

New Threads

Top Bottom