• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you know any low functioning autistic people?

I can't tell how usual it is. I think I was never low functioning at all.

I was conscious enough about everything what happened around me. But according how my parents described me in my childhood I could speak but badly. I learned to phrase sentences correctly when I was about 5 years old.

Then I started to show that I'm not low or middle functional autistic at all.

Which is why it’s so scary when children get that stamped diagnosis. It can turn out to be wrong. Did you have to go through special treatments or education?

Whats your feelings about functional labels?

I know a lot of people dislike them, but I also suspect most of those getting annoyed are would be considered HFA.

Not sure how much is people being overly touchy.

I've never encountered problems and only got dx last year.

They don't bother me any. Or being called autistic instead of has autism or any of that stuff.

How have you learned to cope day to day so locked inside? I find this sort of challenge such a mystery and my heart goes out to you.

Idk it's always been that way. Besides I get taken to enough places during the week and there's usually a daily walk around somewhere.

New Threads

Top Bottom