• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you have anyone you really hate?

I don't really HATE people per se, but some definitely just rub me wrong and make me feel awful just by being near me. I try not to expend too much energy, but some people's general vibe and speech patterns stress me out and make it hard to be near people.

I used to feel intense hatred for most of my piers and a couple of abusive teachers in high school through junior high. After that I found that I stopped hating people individually and became deeply misanthropic for a while.

These days I don't think I am capable of hating other people. I have come to the realization that people do what they do to meet some need. They typically behave poorly because on some level they are scared and/or confused, or simply trying to do what they think is best. I even have compassion for criminals who have committed unspeakable acts, and believe that while we need to do what is necessary to keep people safe that to unnecessarily cause such criminals to suffer would still be wrong.

Perhaps the only person I am capable of hating, sadly, is myself. I do not feel this way all the time, but I do battle spells of extreme self loathing in which I hit myself and mutter terrible thing for under my breath, like; "You're an idiot, anidiotanidiotanidiot...." or "I f****** hate myself" over and over again. I try to counter that with some positive self talk, but one requires at least a little self love to do that in the first place.

Yes I have hated someone, although over a long period of time my hatred turned to pity for the person. I've wondered for most of my life why this person abused and tormented me throughout my childhood when I was kind to them, but hating is self-destructive and takes to too much energy to maintain. And so I gave it up.

I don't hate anyone. There are people whom I care nothing for or about. I don't want to see them, hear their voice or, hear anything about them. I would rather they not exist at all. They are a waste of air but, I don't hate them, I don't pity them, I don't feel anything for them.

I am also very good at turning my emotions off entirely and being a very cold person and, I do just that when I must deal with such people. It is, I suppose, a self defense mechanism of mine. I choose not to deal with something so intense as hatred and, so I choose not to feel at all in their presences. They cannot hurt me because I cannot feel hurt when I am around them.

New Threads

Top Bottom