• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you have a tablet?

I use a smartphone and my laptop. Used to have an iPad; it was stolen while going through airport security. Decided not to get a replacement, for now, due to budget.

I have an Amazon Fire which I use to help me unwind and go to sleep. I listen to audio books on it. It allows me to turn off my brain and I use the books to trigger sleep initiation. I haven't finished many as a result. :)

I have an older iPad and a Surface 3 tablet, but I use that as an extra laptop because I have a keyboard for it. The iPad doesn't get much use unfortunately since its job has kind of been taken over by my smartphone.
The thing that gets the most use is my laptop, but I also have a desktop computer that was given to me as a gift. I don't use it a lot because I don't really play video games. I use it more for editing videos and photography.
I have a drawing tablet too, and I make a lot of digital paintings like the one in my avatar. It took me a long time to learn how to paint with it, lol. I'm used to painting the traditional way.

I have an iPad 2 that I won in a survey. It is no longer supported with its last available OS being IOS 9.x, but I still find apps for it that have no higher IOS requirements.
full

I just upgraded to a 128GB/4GB Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 in Pink Gold. I was running out of storage on my 32GB/3GB A7, so I needed a tablet with more capacity. I sold my A7 the day after I got my A8 to a buyer in Florida on Facebook Marketplace.

Also, the 3rd Gen Lenovo M10 Plus looks interesting. I ordered one for my cute cousin (64GB/4GB version).

Encouraging to see a few tablets running Linux distros, though I don't own one. -Yet.

I don't have one, haven't tried one of those fancy tablets yet. I like my old desktop computer. :) But I gave some people something called iPad Air for birthdays and they seemed to think it was very good.
I didn't buy anything high end, since I mostly just use my tablet for entertainment, not as a full-fledged laptop replacement. Either the Galaxy Tab A8 or the Lenovo M10 Plus 3rd Gen are good choices. However, don't make the same mistake I made previously with my A7 by going with the 32GB model; I recommend at least 64GB as a minimum, with 128GB being even better.

Maybe it's similar (or not) but I ended up with a 2-in-1 laptop that basically folds into tablet mode for painting. Way better than my Samsung tablet for sure, especially since it's got pressure sensitivity and everything.

It's still pretty lo-spec, but that suits me fine these days.

I don´t need tablet, phablet or similar. I only need laptop/pc for most things and smartphone when I´m en route or for calls and messenger.

I have an old Ipad that was passed on to me, it was really shocking to me coming from a lifetime of PC usage to realize just how constricted Apple products are.

Still, it's ok for just browsing the web or listening to podcast when I go to bed.

You should get a cheap Android TV box. You can get literally hundreds of retro games on a SD card. They are very good for the low cost.

Of course, you can do all the regular things with them as well. Surfing the web. Watching YouTube, Hulu, Netflix. Some have the awful mobile versions of apps, so best to do your homework.

New Threads

Top Bottom