• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you ever think people do it on purpose?

Kit

When someone knows you have anxiety but they still keep on doing what triggers it and they know it, do you start to think they are doing it intentionally to torment you and abuse you? Or does it really depend on the context?

I knew a guy who did that. It was intentional. He was trying to help me "get over it" without knowing what he was doing, but he did love seeing me in pain and discomfort. Which is why I no longer associate with him.

It's likely. Let's just say that if they really know you and it triggers a reaction and they do it anyways, to me it's just another form of predatory behavior.

Think some people do things automatically, if its a habit, without considering how it will affect others. And others learn that they will achieve some sort of reaction either good or bad when they do so.

Some people do it knowing that their target has anxiety. Others do it because they don't fully understand their target's condition.

A certain care company, which I can't name for legal reasons, keeps making "mistakes" regarding my weekly rotas, like this coming week I've asked for 13.00 to 18.00 GMT to attend a Theatre trip to the Lyceum, but they put 14.00 to 19.00 which is the usual call, even though I specifically rang up week before last to request 13.00 to 18.00 on Wednesday the 26th to go to the Theatre.

They know I don't like it when they do this because I then have to ring up or get Mum to ring up to try and change the call to the requested time, which they don't like because they're incredibly short staffed anyway and struggle to change times at short notice because the few staff they do have have other calls.

When someone knows you have anxiety but they still keep on doing what triggers it and they know it, do you start to think they are doing it intentionally to torment you and abuse you? Or does it really depend on the context?
I think some people do it on purpose, but I think most people are just not very self aware and mean no real harm.

New Threads

Top Bottom