• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you ever get really hyper?

Juliet8080

I'm an Aspie and sometimes I get REALLY hyper. It usually happens like once a week. I just feel like shouting out everything that comes to mind and I can't focus on anything and I'm constantly moving and stuff. Do you get hyper randomly for no reason too? I just feel like pointing at everything I see. XD And if it is an Aspie thing, do you know what in the mind causes us to get like this randomly?

I do have short periods of hyper-activity, where I will do everything at double speed, run, jump, sometimes yell out loud. I don't know what triggers it, but it is a positive thing, it's not me being overcome with manic anxiety, it's an excitement. Sometimes I get the feeling when I'm riding my bike, or running, and I'll just go as fast as I can for as long as I can. It's good training, I exercise a lot. It's like an adrenaline high without something triggering it. I'm not being chased by lions, you know?

Very different from my normal state, where I tend to do things slowly, take my time. I was initially diagnosed with ADHD-Inattentive, but that presents as the day dreamer space cadet, not the hyper active can't sit still type.

Last edited:
In my early 20'a I used to get so hyper that it would make me sick to my stomach - like my head was going to blow off. I would stay awake for a couple days just sick and unable to function, rocking back and forth, pacing. Exercise didn't even help. They had to put me on a mood stabilizer and that stopped it. It was pure hell that I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Yes occasionally. It's like I lose control and just do anything without thinking. I've done a lot of things I regret during these periods and tried to solve the issue through isolation. That was a dumb idea.

I tend to find playing loud music and singing along helps but then I also get embarrassed to walk out the front door cause I know everyone can hear me...

New Threads

Top Bottom